YOUR "always on" pedal for a BETTER tone

Either the Lovepedal Super Six, or the Lovepedal Elephant Man Stinger Boost. The Boost is a dirty one but even with it barely on it fattens up the tone.

RnFnR91

The TC electronic Spark is great, it’s been my always on for a while. I recently picked up a JHS Double Barrel v4 and tend to keep the Morning Glory side on too with the Spark, maybe force of habit but sounds even better to me with it than without...

Combination of things but normally my tone section consists of (in order) Clean Boost > Comp > Preamp
(Minstrel > Cali76 > Chase Tone)
With my bigger board its Clean Boost > Comp, but i may add a pre soon. (JanRay > Fat General)

**adding that i may replace the Cali76 with a second FatGeneral - the optical comp to my ears is warmer and more natural sounding.

Tech21

I never use a pedal to get a better tone, just to add an effect. The best tone is still guitar plugged into amp and learn how to use it all correctly.
To me, a pedal board is just more knobs and dials to take up more time setting than actually playing the guitar, more stuff to go wrong, but on the positive side it does give you more things to blame when you have a bad tone.
The only pedals I ever use on the very odd occasion they are needed is a Danelectro Reel Echo on the occasions I need some LoFi echo (like Apache and FBI, Astronomy Domine etc), a Dunlop Cry baby (Voodoo Chile and White Room) and a Janglebox compressor for my 12 string electric (Byrds).
The only effects most of us used in the day live (inc Clapton et al) was a Watkins Copy Cat, a Wah Wah and a Fuzz box.

Last edited:

HaloMaster

Silver Supporting Member
My always on pedal is a Barber Tone Press. I use it to add an ever so slight compression to even things out, and there's this magic unicorn dust sparkle it does to my tone. I love it!

Samcav

Have you had trouble stacking this one either before or after other pedals? I feel like this one sounds incredible by itself, and almost always worse with any other dist/boost/od/fuzz. I usually go less than 10oclock on the saturn's gain.

Sparadrap

I would say any good klone is hard to beat. Try one, then without it. Major difference in terms of volume, EQ shape, compression, clipping.

Although the Tumnus Deluxe allows to defeat it, I would say klones come with this mid-push, and that's OK. It's included in the package.

Gremson

I used to gig a lot as a bassist in the before times. I always kept a Joyo American Sound on my board since backline amps were so varied. Was perfect for adding just a little warmth to my sound.
Now that I’ve moved back home and am back to tinkering with my guitar more I’m still finding I leave this cheapo Joyo on all the time. It’s stupid how good a cheap pedal can work with so many expensive options out there.

Trending Topics