Your best/favorite wah wah pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nbessie1, Sep 9, 2019 at 10:21 PM.

1. nbessie1

nbessie1 Gold Supporting Member

The best one I've found through the years is my old, red Geoffrey Teese RMC wah....but I can't find it!

...and so I need to replace it, probably with another RMC but...any other suggestions?

Nothing fancy...I'm looking for old-school wah sounds :)

joegagan and Abram4235 like this.
  2. Dday

Dday Silver Supporting Member

Currently using a CAE, but my Teese RMC3 was my hands down favorite for clean or dirty. 2nd was an older RI Vox V847. I really need to get another Teese.

joegagan and lamf like this.
  3. WillLane

WillLane Member

Mister Crybaby Super because it is also a volume pedal.

joegagan and CEFlint like this.
  4. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

RMC 10 here. Worth it if you’re looking for vintage sounds.

5. Madsen

Madsen Member

6. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

7. Zer0beaT

Zer0beaT Member

I never had a good wah until this year and it was by accident. I got a CAE wah for half price, I only bought it because it was so cheap and was planning on flipping it. searched for into about it when I got home and found an old post on here with links about tweaking the trimpots and it just made the wah exactly what I would dream of wanting.

It's great having two voices and the boost on it is a really good one. I'd imagine any wah from RMC, Wilson etc that has great control over the sweep and the voicing is equally impressive.

joegagan likes this.
  8. MESA/BUDDA

MESA/BUDDA Member

Both the Cantrell and 105 Bass Crybaby.

joegagan likes this.
  9. CloneTone

CloneTone Member

joegagan, jm9239 and Abram4235 like this.
  10. MrGuitarhack

MrGuitarhack Member

11. Sweetfinger

Sweetfinger Supporting Member

I've always like the old Thomas Organ ones with the TDK inductor. I had an exceptionally good sounding one but can't find it either. I think I have another one around here, and there's always my Foxx Fuzz-wah, also with a TDK.

joegagan and tubedude like this.
  12. 808illest

808illest Supporting Member

Chase tone Script or Gypsy?! I have a Cantrell Alice that's dope but, (for sale soon as I'm on the list for Kyle's new Script) woot! :D Gonna be pricey but worth the wait methinks :)

MasterEvan07, Deus56 and joegagan like this.
  13. No_Stairway

No_Stairway Supporting Member

RMC 3 old version with internal dips. I would love to upgrade to a current model with external controls but mine works perfect still. Someday perhaps I'll sell it to get a newer version. I know very non TGP of me, I should already have a new RMC 3 plus my old one plus a backup.

I would love to do a side by side w/ the RMC 10 but I can't justify owning both.

joegagan and lamf like this.
  14. Whiskey N Beans

Whiskey N Beans Member

By no means an aficionado, but .... this. Pretty much ended my search here after a so-so cry a baby.

Microdot, Mosley, joegagan and 3 others like this.
  15. 71strat

71strat Member

Roger Mayer Belair Wah.

joegagan and phoenix like this.
  16. captaincoconut

captaincoconut Member

I went from several of the Dunlop versions (which are all good, including the CAE 404) to a Castledine Wah, to an old Thomas Organ with TDK inductor. I sold my Thomas Organ wah about a month ago and am now using the Geoffrey Teese RMC 10 and I can't imagine a better one. It just excels at clean and low to mid gain sounds. It has that classic Burning of the Midnight Lamp to Shaft sound. So if wah makes you think of these the RMC 10 is the right choice. It made me love wah again.

joegagan and Abram4235 like this.
  17. Jonny G

Jonny G Member

This. Cry babies never did it for me. I also prefer the optical switching approach

[​IMG]

18. MylMoosic

MylMoosic Member

Not old school or traditional but the Wilson Funk Factory (Heavily modified Ibanez WH10 clone). Best and most versatile wah in existence. True bypass, bright LED, massive volume boost on tap with a pot on the side, depth control, Q adjustment (Goes from quite deep to quite brittle. Usably brittle.), and the bass/guitar switch from the old WH10 circuit which gives you a whole world of new sounds. It's the best because it solves a problem that all wahs have: Bass is quieter than middle or treble, leading to a large volume drop at the heel. The EQ curve of the WH10 circuit, and this new rendition solves this by having the bass be "louder" in technicality than the treble. The effect is simply that the perceptual volume of the bass side is the same as the treble side, meaning that you don't end up with near-silent flubbiness with the heel all the way down, you simply get a deeper sound. It makes fuzz before the wah sound incredible, which I find always sounds a bit goofy with a standard Crybaby style. Fuzz after sounds great as well because this pedal doesn't piss off the anti-buffer gods residing within the archaic temple of tone that is the fuzz face.

19. wye

wye Member

The best Oxbow Wah,
    http://www.oxbowstudios.com/clyde-mccoy-wah.html
    even a bit better, sweeter, more musical than RMC 10, had also older quite cool grey RMC 4 (less range and highs, quack than RMC 10) Picture Wah.

Oxbow Wah has no Foxrox fuzz friendly Kit installed, like Rmc 10, might be problematic in some cases.

Had also Roger Mayer Kit added to horrible 90 Dunlop Wah.

Know also Fulltone Clyde Deluxe (ok) and Morley George Lynch Wah (not as horrible as I expected). Found another old Morley Wah quite bad sounding.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019 at 2:44 AM
    joegagan likes this.