Your best most recent pedal purchase!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zerorez, May 17, 2008.

1. zerorez

zerorez Supporting Member

For me it is the Lee Jackson Mr Springgy Reverb pedal.

It totally transformed my JTM45 combo into a vintage fender amp like quality of sound with the addition of the reverb pedal.

Hands down of the best pedal purchases for me in a long time!:cool:

2. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

I've grabbed a load of killer pedals recently but I have to say that my Box of Rock is blowing me away!! I know a lot of guys have voiced an opinion that the bottom is too pronounced and/or soft but so is a JTM-45! I know a lot of guys are using these wiht Marshall or Marshall inspired piggy back amps but Im tellin ya through my brown Deluxe or tweed cones it's just amazing!

3. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

I've had a Greer Sucker Punch for about a month now and it is an incredible distortion pedal. Lot's of gain if you need it, but cuts well in a band situation.

Review coming soon!!

4. doublee

doublee Member

I just got a TIm and while its very nice, I have an arsenal of various sized Fenders, and I can get better overdrive with them than any pedal, its just more natural sounding. I am experimenting with using an inexpensive Champ as in effect an overdrive via an A/B switcher, just dial in how much you want just like a pedal, and to me it sounds better...YMMV etc etc etc

5. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Probably either my Pro Analog Supa Quack or my Dirty Boy Fuzzy Boy.
    Oh, also... for $40 I got an old nyc Small Stone that I'm really liking alot.

6. mrbluetone

mrbluetone Member

Zvex Box of Metal
    A great hard rock sound for my classic rock band it loves Les Pauls

7. G&L Player

G&L Player Member

Retro-Sonic Chorus, and Jetter Gain Stage Blue. 2 deffinite keeprs. The Retro-sonic is the best chorus I have ever owned (past pedals include - Analogman Small Clone chorus, EH Small Clone, Ibanez CS-9, Boss CE-2, Danelectro, T.C, Stereo Chorus/Flange, Voodoo Labs chorus),

8. Tonefish

Tonefish Member

BJFe Honey Bee OD

9. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

It has been over a year since I bought a new pedal - that's got to be a record, for me anyway.

However, there is a new flanger coming from Tone Factor. I got to sample a prototype on tour, and - WOW, MOM, WOW - it's a winner! I will buy that one when it goes into production.

10. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Sobbat PB-2.
    After all the phasers I've owned, I'm amazed that it took me this long to finally try one out. What a pleasant surprise as well... just what I was looking for! Only thing is that I had to replace the knobs... you couldn't see where they were set because they had no indicators on top! Luckily I had a nice set of quirky aluminum knobs to put on there...

[​IMG]

-Ben

11. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Member

Mojo Hand Mystick Octavius. This octave fuzz/overdrive pedal is just so right in so many ways. Usually it takes me a while to ease a pedal into regular use; the MO fit right in the day I got it. Highly recommended!

12. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

My fave new pedal has to be the aNaloGmAn delay. I don't think I've turned it off.
    Compared to the AD-9 it has a brighter delay side, less muddy, and less noisy aswell. There is more clarity in the repeats, though I would not call them clear, its analog.
    This pedal can be set low for some subtle ambience, or with the regeneration up, it becomes an instrument in its own right.
    Hey, there's no perfect delay, (had AD9, DD3, NOVA, DD3, AD9) now this is close enough for pedalboards.

13. codeorama

codeorama Member

Dunlop Q zone....

ooops.. almost forgot, and the TIM pedal... Lives up to all the hype.

14. JDandCoke

JDandCoke Member

malekko ekkos are completely ruling my world at the moment.
    and the RE20, but thats not so new.

in fact... i really love every single pedal on my board right now.

15. Twanger

Twanger Member

I just had this one delivered yesterday, and I love this thing! Awesome fuzz, I am still in the honeymoon phase though. Other than this my favorite recent pedal purchases was the Zendrive...

[​IMG]

16. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

ZIM. what a freaking great pedal.

17. Dave

Dave Member

I'm lovin' it.

[​IMG]

18. ed84246

ed84246 Member

Has to be my Fuchs Valve Job - just incredible singing, "alive" feeling, Dumble type tones. Close seconds are the new Menatone Kar Krash and Duncan Shapeshifter tremelo.

I also bought the new Xotic BB plus but I don't know guys, I'm not really feeling it to be honest - doesn't feel as organic as the original BB to me, though everyone's been raving about it.

19. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

I love my BB+! I bought it from another TGPer and I honestly think it's the best pedal I've ever bought. I though my Java Boost was killer but I was having trouble controlling the volume. I bought the BB+ and I haven't looked back.

20. liakos

liakos Member

the timefactor is my last pedal and i love ti tons of tones!