Your Car/Truck/Motorcycle That Has Some Miles, but You Still Love

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Scott Peterson, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I just posted this on another site; but thought I'd start one of these threads here... it's been a while since I posted to one of these. I'll show mine, let's see yours especially if your vehicle has to have some miles on it!

Here's some more current shots of my 2007 MazdaSpeed6; still kicking at 112,000+ miles. I love this car. I fully intend to drive this till the wheels fall off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

My wife wants me to get rid of my "Shagin Wagon". 1995, Flowmasters, chip, 160 Thermostat, CAI, tint, Impala SS wheels, 140K miles

[​IMG]

3. oldtelefart

oldtelefart Member

No pics, but I loved my '97 Camry wagon. Reliable and cheap to run, at 270,000 kms I told the wife that I needed to spend about $2,000 to get it up to scratch for another 5+ years.

She took off one day and traded it in on a 4WD Pathfinder that costs 3X more to run, has had several electronic problems, and never goes off-road.

Never have your car registered in your wife's name.......................

4. RussB

RussB low rent hobbyist Silver Supporting Member

My '96 Volvo 850 Turbo. 260,000+. I've had it for 13 years. Last summer I replaced the Koni shocks & struts I installed back in '06 because they had rotted through. Lifetime warranties are great!

[​IMG]

5. kkregsg

kkregsg Supporting Member

My 1981 Yamaha XS650 Special. Fun to tool around the semi-rural back roads around here. I bought it for $400 from my neighbor across the street years ago. Other than an electronic ignition, it's all mechanical, so it's possible to be a successful shade tree mechanic without a computer.
    [​IMG]

6. ldizzle

ldizzle Supporting Member

I had a 2003 taurus and a 2000 sable that cleared 250k+ Original miles each... Absolutely unheard of for ford sedans other than crown Vic's- they were Held together with duct tape and screw clamps. Thankful for a corp car now and to be out of traveling sales!

7. jcbaxe

jcbaxe Member

2000 F150 with 135000 on the clock.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

8. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

I can't say I blame her. I'd be embarrassed to be seen in that thing, much less be the one driving it...

9. mr coffee

mr coffee Gold Supporting Member

my 95 caprice police wagon was called the whale.. 300k on the clock
    finally threw a rod new years day...
    [​IMG]

by the time it was done I had the cop rims and fat rubber on it... when I remarried, everything we moved either went in it or on it!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  10. Che_Guitarra

Che_Guitarra Member

1996 328i. Manual and LSD. 230K on the clock and still 100% cylinder compression. Still super neat, still handles like it's on rails, still good looking, still a blast to drive.

[​IMG]

11. candh

candh Member

I can't resist posting in these threads. '93 diesel turbo 80 Series Cruiser with 230,000kms. Should be able to double up that mileage and still be healthy.

[​IMG]

12. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    I bought an Acura RSX type S new in 02 .... here it is with 150K on it ... still looks great but actually the front bumper and hood is getting chipped up.... the pic hides it pretty well. Currently I have 178K on it. I'm shooting for 300K

So far I've had to replace brakes once, batteries and tires of course, and both O2 sensors. That's IT! The car does feel looser and the suspension is getting softer. Oh yeah, the drivers seat split on the base seam ... I need to get that re-sewn up. I'll probably install new struts this summer and maybe rebuild the brakes ... they still work ok, but I'm just feeling sorry for them.

It's been an extremely reliable car overall. I average 35 mpg in the summer ( 75-80% highway). It makes 200 hp and 0-60 is in the low 6 second range, so it's pretty quick for a 2.0L four popper.

[​IMG]

13. dave-o

dave-o Member

I really wish we could buy those here!

14. gtrdave

gtrdave Member

Our '90 Miata only has 90k miles on it. It's barely broken in...

[​IMG]

15. Cornbread

Cornbread Silver Supporting Member

2000 VW Jetti TDi manual transmission and windows :D

[​IMG]

151,000 miles and going strong

16. CosmicCowboy

CosmicCowboy Member

I had a 400 Special many years ago. Handled like garbage and poor acceleration. Come to think of it, the brakes were pretty bad, too. Still a fun bike to blast around on.