Your current favorite Overdrive / Distortion pedal

JackedEagle

For me it’s currently a bd2 into a sd1. Really like having 3 different gain tones. Each one individually for low and medium gain then stacked for more of a brighter distortion. I’ve taken all the other drives off my board.
Nice. Have you tried them the other way around? Does it sound much different than running the SD-1 into the BD-2?

musicman1

Nice. Have you tried them the other way around? Does it sound much different than running the SD-1 into the BD-2?
I have actually. Running the bd2 after the sd1 just seems to make it the sd1 a bit louder. Running it first seems to increase the drive/gain of the sd1 but w/o making it mushy. The sd1 actually gains some brightness and clarity and decreases the mid hump.

Splitting time between a Strymon Riverside (itself split into a nice crisp lower gain drive and a big fat distortion on the fav setting) and a 3 knob DMB Stellar Drive which is great.

335fuzzdelay

Pete Cornish SS-3 is my go to. He's been building since the 1960's for Gilmore, May, Richards & many others. One pedal is hard to do everything but this one sure does a lot with tone. So smooth. I've been playing for over 60 years. I still gig with a Tone King Imperial MK II combo. I play blues, rock & new country. There are many OD pedals out there that are subjectively great. Just my humble opinion.
I'm torn between this and Kingsley Jester V2. The best ones I've ever tried.

sutherland

my go-to is a Lovepedal Superlead. my Sweetwater rep is suggesting I try the Smalls Conspiracy Theory instead of a J. Rockett Archer which he claims does the Klon thing just as well and is also less $. I'd love to be able to afford a KoT but until I win at Lotto, NFW.
Must be nice to have a Sweetwater rep that plays guitar. I got paired with a guy that plays keyboard.

Gemini2

I've been on a Hot Cake kick recently. Just a wonderful pedal that I purchased earlier this year. I can't believe it took me this long to finally get one. Just awesome.
Those into a Marshall are killer. Into a clean platform not so great. Same with the Keeley Java Boost. All treble boosters for that matter. I had a Hotcake and a Java way back in 2009-2010? Wished I’d held onto them.

Right now?

Zvex Double Rock (set to Distortron mode on both sides)

Honorable mention for my Dr Scientist The Elements

Both used into a 65 Princeton Reverb RI.

M

Member 215844

Favorite overdrive-klon ktr & distortion- marshall v-2 plus modded with a circuit removed to make it sound identical to the og version.

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
For rock & pop gigs:
Source Audio Kingmaker Fuzz with Klon and Rat distortion engines

For classic rock gigs:
Source Audio OFD

For county gigs:
Fulltone Full Drive 2

For noise gigs:
Source Audio Multiwave Distortion Pro & Meris Ottobit Jr.
Love Source Audio stuff!

sugarlou

Silver Supporting Member
Greer Lightspeed..super transparent but needs a bit of volume to get the goods imo

rawkguitarist

Man... this is a hard question to answer. I have 15 OD/Distortion pedals and love every one of them. I'll try though.

Favorite all around medium gain distortion/base tone - Barber Direct Drive
Favorite OD in the textbook sense - to get more from an amp or pedal - Timmy
Favorite distortion that sounds like a second channel of a clean amp - Barber Dirty Bomb.

If I could have only one dirt box - Barber Direct Drive

Trending Topics