Your fav/go-to sounds?

Discussion in 'Keyboards' started by jomama2, Dec 30, 2017.

1. jomama2

jomama2 Member

Addicted to the Rhodes? Organ? Grand piano? Some synth sound? Is it stock or something you tweaked? etc

2. scienceguy

scienceguy Supporting Member

On my Nord Stage 2 I use B3, grand piano, Rhodes and Wurlitzer. The only one I tweak is the Rhodes patch to get more of a Richard Tee sound. I haven't used the synth section in years.

3. mleffler

mleffler Member

required: B3, rhodes, wurly, acoustic piano, vox/farfisa, mellotron strings, mellotron flute
    optional: harpsichord, strings, 80s type synth (like in "Jump")

4. thatguyoverthere

thatguyoverthere Member

I have an SV1, and I play Rhodes patches almost exclusively. But if I need a piano sound, I’ll tend towards the CP70 clang. Love the way that sound fits in a mix.

5. Triton76

Triton76 Member

Yeah piano Rhodes or organ. Have used some bells and a synth horn section. All tweaked to my liking. Playing classic rock is boring sound wise. Programmed lots of fun stuff when I played more 80s

6. p.j.

p.j. Member

The mono fm synth mode of my Critter and Guitari Pocket Piano is always a good starting point for me. Sounds great alone, with fuzz, or bit crushed.

7. mojotele65

mojotele65 Supporting Member

Required: Vox Continental, Farfisa, B3 and Rhodes and Mellotron from my Nord. For my Synth sounds it is a combo of soft synths on my Ipad and my Microkorg. I use the Microkorg as a drone machine a lot. All of my keys I route into my Helix for trippy effects.