Your fav iStomp pedals and how they compare to the "real" thing.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by skiltrip, Aug 31, 2014.

1. skiltrip

skiltrip Member

To all you iStomp users out there. What are your favorite virtual pedals, and if you've used an actual pedal its emulating, how well does it do, and what are its shortcomings?

2. partytrain

partytrain Supporting Member

Tone Boost is my favorite. Not sure that it's based off of anything specific, but it's awesome. Works great after the drives as a solo boost, but I love it going into drives to give it some more gain.

3. skiltrip

skiltrip Member

My two favorites are the Plate Reverb and the Rock It Distortion.

I haven't A/B'd the Plate directly with anything but I've used a number of other Plate emulating pedals and I really do like iStomp just as much.

The Rock It Distortion is a surprising clear and balanced distortion. I was hoping it was emulating a specific analog pedal out there but I don't think so.

4. treeuh

treeuh Member

I've even using the "Lexicon Hall" setting for some really washy reverb trails, but I haven't really tried it next to my HOF to really compare. Honestly, I can't decide if I want to just get another one or not. Haha

5. goodhonk

goodhonk Member

6. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

+1

Drive your amps input and throw away your distortion/OD pedals!

7. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

Decrease your noise floor by replacing your included iStomp power supply and using a 1Spot. You'll notice the difference more with Dist/OD verses delays and cleaner effects, but there is still an improvement.

8. skiltrip

skiltrip Member

Thanks for the tip. I have a 1Spot more or less collecting dust. I'll plug it in and give it a try.

9. mikeller

mikeller Member

I like the Lexicon Reverb alot. Also think the modulated delay and detune sounds great.