Your favorite 6V6 amp?

localmotion411

Platinum Supporting Member
I really want to get a 6V6 amp and would like to hear what everyone is using and digging. I had an Orange Rockerverb 50 head that was a fantastic amp; shouldn't have sold it, but really wanted a Bogner Ecstasy, which ended up being a mistake. Thinking about a Divided By 13 FTR37, or maybe a Louis Electric KR12 with 6V6s. I think I'd prefer it to have four 6V6s instead of two; I've heard that tone can't be beat.

So bring it on...

wichita

D13 37. The best 6v6 amp that I have ever heard or owned.
Its like the freakin hair club for Men.
I bought my first one 7 years ago and liked it so much I became a dealer.

teefus

i saw and heard the new budda 6v6 amp at namm. there is a 2x6v6 and a 4x6v6 version iirc. it looks just like the other buddas but has a cream colored faceplate. sounds great with jeff bober playing it.

pjrhd28

Carr Slant 6V

18, 22, or 40 watts. 4 6V6's if you need em.

Footswitchable overdrive channel WITH additional boost.

18 watts, about 5/8 volume on the clean channel with a Lester is blackface snarl heaven. Clean, it BBBBLLLLOOOMMMMSSSSSS

Amazingly subtle tone controls.

It ain't cheap, but its good.

daveS

lefty dude on hiatus
Allen Sweet Spot is one of my favorite 6V6 amps.:)

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
There is no best 6V6 amp, because there is no single 6V6 sound.

I own or have owned lots of 6V6 amps. Even just talking classic Fender designs, a tweed Deluxe (probably my favorite amp, overall) does not sound like a blackface Deluxe Reverb. Both great amps -- which is better...?

The answer is simple: the one YOU like more.

Dana Olsen

There is no best 6V6 amp, because there is no single 6V6 sound.

I own or have owned lots of 6V6 amps. Even just talking classic Fender designs, a tweed Deluxe (probably my favorite amp, overall) does not sound like a blackface Deluxe Reverb. Both great amps -- which is better...?

The answer is simple: the one YOU like more.
True 'dat. I love my Jim Kelly amp, adn I love my Tone King, but they don't sound the same at all, and both are way different than either the /13 or Orange amps.

Great tubes though, Dana O.

madscientist

My Fargen BB 30 Watt. 4x6v6. Thick cleans with thumping bass and great reverb, blows any DR I've ever heard out of the water.

hbentley

don't think there is a "best", but the ftr37 is doing it for me big time. it's not often you get an amp that versatile that actually sounds phenomenal.

dorianadams

I have two Marshall studio 15's that I love for recording or small gigs I really am gassing for the fuchs TDS Custom50 ( 4 6V6) in the Emporium. It seems like all the amp makers are getting on the 6V6 bandwagon.%13 Tone king, Fuchs , Two Rock(jet) you name it . Not that long ago this tube was pretty much ignored.I love the amps that can take 4 x6V6 or 2x 6L6 like the Tone King Meteor ll.

Fireball XL5

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure what sort of sound you are going for, but if it's something Marshally I'd highly recommend the Roccaforte Custom 30 or HG30. www.roccaforteamps.com

4 6V6's, 3 12AX7's, and a GZ34 rectifier to yeild 30 watts... BUT can also run a pair of EL34's (without rebias) to produce 50 watts.

GREAT AMP! Even with the stock 6V6's you'd swear you hearing EL34's. Massive, tight low end and a great Master Volume.

My favorite "non Marshall - Marshall" I've played. :BEER

ROKY

TopHat Embassy (discontinued..)

2 channels :

Ch.1 - Vol. Tone (brown Fender Deluxe preamp topography)
Ch.2 - Vol Treble Mid Bass Cut (Gibson GA-77/Vox AC30 inspired)

4 6V6s + GZ-34; cathode biased for 35w.

digthosetubes

Several amps I like in that category:

1. Fender Princeton Reverb 1968.
2. Bogner Duende (Most versatile.)
3. Carr Slant 6V
4. Carr Vincent

I love the 1965 Princeton with the Scumback(SA10M)I've been using,along with the 5E3 clone(also with an H75-8HP),my current favorites.4 6V6's?Probably the Major Crunch by Southbay Ampworks.I would settle for a Captain Crunch with 2 6V6's...

Trending Topics