Your Favorite Alessandro Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by goodtone, Feb 5, 2006.

1. goodtone

goodtone Member

Once many moons ago I had the honor of meeting George Alessandro & played his Bloodhound & Coonhound high gain amps at "The Philly Show". What a sound ! George knows his stuff and deserves better recognition ! I've read everything on this forum about them. In your opinion which one or ones would you want ? I like the Bloodhound & Blue Tick.

2. cnardone

cnardone Supporting Member

I love my Beagle. I would love to get a test drive of a Black n' Tan with KT66's through a pair of blues.

cmn

3. DrJamie

DrJamie Silver Supporting Member

I had a BnT several years back, and while it was nice, I didn't bond with it. In order to get a matching 1x12 cab, I picked up a Bloodhound head and cab locally, and sold the head without really exploring the sound, due to the high power. This buyer comes over and plugs in his LP, and whoa! I finally bought another Bloodhound from George,and have been thrilled. The thing does clean to scream, and with his Muzzle is incredibly versitile. It could be my only amp, if I had to go to prison, and could only take one amp. Do they let you bring a cab too?

4. Mark Stheiner

Mark Stheiner Member

Jamie, that buyer with the Les Paul may have been me? From your location, I'm guessing it was - that amp was in an oak cab, right?

Bloodhound and Redbone are my faves. Agreed - great amps and sometimes overlooked. George's EQ requires adjustment with the ears rather than adjusting with the eyes, gotta think outside the box a bit, but the tone is there for sure. Great amps.

5. pirateflynn

pirateflynn Supporting Member

The English is the only Alessandro I have played. Great amp! Can get very aggressive when cranked...yeah!

6. Roe

Roe Member

rottweiler

7. dbeeman

dbeeman Gold Supporting Member

I have an English and a Blue Tick. Very tough choice (and I have to choose soon, due to my gear bulimia).

Both are very versatile with tone control settings. The English has more upper mid chime and gain avaialble. The Tick has that nice thick 6v6 midthing going.

8. Ogre

Ogre Member

Redbone Coonhound
    English
    Great amps!

9. Aint Life Hell?

Aint Life Hell? Member

W@W! Those are the two Alessandro Amplifiers that appeal the most to me...let me know when you decide to purge...
    mikegreg@gmail.com

10. my_shadow22

my_shadow22 Member

My favorite is the Beagle! It's loud, but not toooo loud, and it kills with every guitar I throw at it. I do have to say it really shines with single coils though. I really think more people here should give his amps a try!!!

11. Paul86

Paul86 Member

I have a Bloodhound. It rocks! I mean, it rocks big time!

12. trisonic

trisonic Member

I like the Beagle and the Blue Tick oh, and the Plotthound too but Hansoloist has a point......

Best, Pete.

13. v-verb

v-verb Member

I've had a Bloodhound, 2 Englishes, Redbone and BnT. Loved all but the first English - and I think that may have had a crap preamp tube - so not Goerge's fault.

Fave: BnT by a hair - others were great tho

14. Gordon

Gordon Silver Supporting Member

I currently have both the English and BnT. Both are very nice, but I currently favor the English. I like the brighter, more treble oriented sound of the EL84's. Have never tried any others.

15. scottcw

scottcw Low rent hobbyist Silver Supporting Member

I loved the English, but the Redbone Special (all octals) that I got to play was my fav.

16. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

hmm...

what day is it today? thursday? k, then the Redbone Special, as well. :D

the most harmonically dense amp i've ever blasted thru.