Your favorite band...that you've been in

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by el nino, Feb 7, 2012.

1. el nino

el nino Member

so like the title suggests share a story of a favorite band you've been in and if you have a video or a sound samples please share... :dude

i'll go first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9WKEUeedRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDHGYsaExw

i loved that band cause all we did back then is play and play,write songs,drink,maybe smoke something,and nail anything with a heartbeat :)
    seriously it was awesome...for example we would go for two or three days in the cabin of a bass player thats located in the woods outside of town,write songs on a acoustics,lit a barbacue up and have a blast...

same with recording,we didn't know sh#$ about recording,and we didn't have equipment either,but we did it old school,band playing and just overdubing some of it later,never looking for it to be perfect rather going for a feel,and the best part was we all shared same ideas and visions...until singer moved away :bitch

anyway your turn guys...

2. mesa/boogieman

mesa/boogieman Senior Member

For me it was a one-off gig with a group called The Zendogs in Cardiff-by-the-Sea California. Their regular guitarist was out of town so I sat in with them. Very VERY fun gig. Most memorable song was I Want You to Want Me. We were just in the pocket for that tune.

3. Rockledge

Rockledge Member

The band I am in now is the first situation I have had that is close to ideal, but I have been in gobs of bands that I enjoyed in the past. It would be far easier for me to choose the ones I didn't like than the ones I did, because I have been fortunate enough to have played in far more good situations than bad ones.
    I consider all of them to be part of the learning process.

4. KPO

KPO Member

I joined this band as a youngster, 19 years old. We made an album for CBS records and hit it of hard, playing almost every day, an amazing trip that lasted 3 years. That was the start of my career as a touring and recording musician. Now, 30 years later we still gig now and then and enjoy it just as much as in the old days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpQUK3BnVY&feature=related

5. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

See below.

S.
    j

6. germs

germs Member

"The Offenders"

i was in a touring band that - out of sheer boredom - created an alter-ego coffee house acoustic band. we wrote songs that fit our name. hell, even the song titles are enough to catch an infraction!

let's just say that it was a lot of fun to set up and start doing some mellow acoustic stuff with (more than) questionable lyrics...

7. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Supporting Member

I was in a "bluegrass" band in Tucson from 1977 to 1982 called The Summerdog Bluegrass Experience, Mariachi and Swing Ensemble. We strayed wildly from the parameters of bluegrass, borrowing from the swing music of both Benny Goodman and Bob Wills, as well being heavily influenced by our close proximity to the Mexican border. Everyone in the band played upright bass and we constantly switched off, sometimes mid-song. We toured all through the western states, played many festivals and produced three albums.

I have since played in the bands of J.Geils and Magic Dick, James Cotton, Kim Wilson, Commander Cody, DuKe Robillard, and with other stellar players like Chuck Leavell, but the above band remains one of my top musical experiences.

8. PeaElAre

PeaElAre Member

Next 6 Exits in Dallas, TX from '02 - '05ish.

A terrible name for a great band. We were decently known regionally and got some radio airplay. Musically we sounded kinda like if you paired Jimmy Eat World's guitars with Dave Matthews' rhythm section. Those dudes were awesome. The drummer's marriage killed the band...he quit playing after he got married. I'm currently playing again w/ the singer but we're nowhere near as creative as we used to be.

9. DreamSeller

DreamSeller Member

Oasis! I know, I know... but I really dug em and still do :)