• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Your favorite covers

archey

Title says it all. Sometimes a cover can be as good if not better than the original. Sometimes it can take on a totally different feel. I'll start it out with one of my personal favorites.

Bob Schneider - Running On Empty:

StratoCraig

And this one absolutely must not be missed if you haven't heard it before: Harry Nilsson covers 20 Beatles songs in two minutes and 22 seconds.

AC4RD

New York Dolls: covers of "Don't you start me talking" and "Bad detective," both on their second album. Monster covers! David Bromberg's cover of "Dyin' crapshooter blues"--he made it scan more or less right, which Blind Willie McTell (bless his memory) never did. :) Johnny Thunders (bless his memory)'s "Pipeline."

GulfportBound

In no order of preference . . .

(Original: Chuck Willis)

(Original: The Donays)

(Original: Nat Adderley)

(Original: Floyd Jones)

(Original: Elmore James)

(Original: Traffic)

(Original: Mary Martin)

(Original: Howlin' Wolf)

(Original: Lee Dorsey)

(Original: Robert Johnson)