• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

YOUR favorite guitar solo (with link)

Carson123

Silver Supporting Member
Hi guys, my name is Carson. My goal is to learn a new guitar solo each week. So, I would like to know your favorite guitar solo, and please post a link with the audio!

Tell me what you like about the solo, and please post the guitarist name playing the solo!

Thanks so much!
Carson

MartinCliffe

Roine Stolt's main solo on the Flower Kings' song Garden Of Dreams, particularly from their DVD Meet The Flower Kings:

Generally almost anything Roine does sends shivers down my spine. It's a shame that his current project, Agents Of Mercy, just has no magic about it.

Carson123

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for posting, that is KILLIN man! I've never heard of Roine Stolt before! Good stuff! Keep posting.

-Carson

harry65

starts at 2:43 , raw , perfect phrasing , perfect tone , vibrato , just blows me away everytime and i must have heard it 500 times............

starts at 4:48 , completely on the other end of things style wise but also impeccable phrasing , just so emotional and beautiful and also adrenalizing.........

gennation

I think this will always be my favorite guitar solo. It's certainly been the benchmark for me since I first heard it in the 70's. I listened to it so much over the decades that every nuance in this recording is part of my DNA.

Han Solo

Gold Supporting Member
Big favorite of mine; the leadwork throughout the song and the solo at the end should keep you busy for a while........

Just another that popped into my head. One of the first solo's I could play.....Unfortunatly a bit buried in the mix. Long version:

Carltone

here's one by Adam Rogers... Whew!

The entire band is KILLING! Taborn on the Fender Rhodes is unreal...

pete100ca

:agree
Roine Stolt's main solo on the Flower Kings' song Garden Of Dreams, particularly from their DVD Meet The Flower Kings:

Generally almost anything Roine does sends shivers down my spine. It's a shame that his current project, Agents Of Mercy, just has no magic about it.
:agree

GulfportBound

Favourite guitar solo? Hey, ask me a tough one. (Like I can pick one favourite?) But if you're looking for beautiful guitar solos, you'd have an awful tough time getting better than this . . . there may have been better blues played over the years (and this gentleman played quite a bit of those himself), but blues guitar just doesn't get more simply beautiful than this.

Mike Bloomfield . . .

SL_22

Scotti Hill's guitar tone is massive. Sounds like another verse of the song. I like how the first note blends perfectly with Bach's voice and that harmonic/feedback trick he does at 3:14 blew my mind the first time i heard it.

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...

Solo starts around 3:15 but start watching around 2:55 to get some context.

Oakley

Silver Supporting Member

Trending Topics

Top Bottom