Your favorite "Monitor Song"...

eodchewy

So I just received my new JBL LSR305 monitor pair after not having any monitors for a long time and they are really reigniting the joy that music brings. In all honesty, I am looking for some suggestions.

My submission is "Red Rain" from Peter Gabriel's So; the song is so dynamic and full of sound yet with so much clarity.

So what's yours? All suggestions welcomed.

Pico Review: Take this with a grain of salt, I have really only had real experience with the smaller M-Audio line (3s, 4s, and 5s), but the imaging on these is spectacular. I know there is no speaker directly in front of me, but the sound is right there. For anyone interested, they are on sale at Sweetwater.

neoprimitive

I have a pair of LSR305's and for me everything sounds amazing through them. The first recorded musc I can remember playing through them, was Van Halen II.. I've played quite a bit of music through them to break them in. And it all sounded incredible. The LSR's are damned fine monitors, and they fill every need I bought them for extremely well. Once you break them in, the bass response becomes warm and fuzzy, and the highs become more natural, it took me about a month before they were broken in.
Enjoy! You have some amazing monitors there..

Jack Gilvey

Funny you mention "So" - "Don't Give Up" is one of my go-to cuts for bass punch. Love that Levin riff at the end. One of my favorite songs and albums of all time as well.

That's quite a deal at Sweetwater. I think that makes them cheaper than they were on the previous price-drop?

Rex Anderson

Donald Fagen, "Morph the Cat". Amazing fidelity, great bass line, well balanced.

Good reference for mix, mastering, spectral balance etc.

dporto

I usually use something from Aja or Gaucho... Red Rain is a really good one though, as well as Don't give up (especially for the vocal quality - male & female). Most of James Taylor's records are really good too...