Your Favorite/most Consistent String Brand

guitardr

I really haven't researched other threads, but when I don't have the coins to buy a box of Pyramids, I've been using Dean Markley Blue Steels just for the brightness/durability. But they seem to dig into fret material due to the SS material. Another consistent string has been DR Tite-Fit or Hi-Beams. I've seen Snarling Dogs, Vinci (where available) and the always-popular Ernie Balls, Gibson, Rotosound (a UK fave) et al.

What are some of you leaning towards?

jaywalker

Limited to whatever the music shops dictate in my non-ebay/mail order friendly country.
That means Rotos whenever possible, ernies, fenders and some yamahas now and then.
Over the past 15 years I have bought d'adarios once a year. They always break after the first solo though.No exceptions.Strange but true.

jb1911

SOBs are the best by far in my opinion. No other string comes close. I've had a set on my Strat for I don't even remember how long and they're still sounding and looking great.

SunnyRollins

I play jazz and really like Thomastik "George Benson" .014-55's.
For some reason (maybe due to Benson being such a bluesy player) they're really friendly for bending, taking in count the heavy gauge.
Great volume and they really last.
Top notch!:AOK

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
GHS electric boomers .10's are consistent.
I use Augustine regal blue for classical.
I don't fart around anymore.

TAVD

Guitar Player
Platinum Supporting Member
D'Addario XL is what I have on most of my guitars. There might be better strings but the XL are consistent, long lasting and cheap & easy to find.

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
If price were no object, Petillos every time. I can't afford them so often with the way my hands sweat though.

I mostly use D'Addario for electric and Martin SP for acoustic. I find both extremely consistent from year to year to year to year. . .

Ben C.

D'Addario.
I never knew there was such a thing as 'string inconsistency' until I started trying other brands ;)

Dave

I've used D'Addarios for years and they're great, but I recently got a new guitar that was strung with Elixirs and I love them. I think I have a new favorite.

Josh O

I'm a brute, especially when I'm really digging in on some aggressive chugging. No string is safe with me and I've tried D'Addario, EB, DR, SOB, Rotosound, GHS. Not barring breaking a string, I will say from a pure life/stability expectancy, the SOB strings are great but just last week I was really digging in and snapped the A string on my JP6! I've been pretty much using 10s for the past few years, first 10-42 and then I moved on to 10-46. Now if I snap the low B on my JP7 (56), I think I need to re-evaluate how I play! :)