Your favorite Peter Green style reverb pedal

Cussion

I think Greeny used both Fender amp spring reverb and Orange Matamp reverb units live and in the studio, and also studio plate reverb in the studio. My absolute favorite pedal for the kind of deep eerie reverb sound that Peter Green and Danny Kirwan used, is the Catalinbread Talisman. I always think of these old Fleetwood Mac recordings when I'm using it.

Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb. It has a so called tone knob. On the right it sounds very plate reverb like, on the left it sounds more spring reverb like. And it sounds really good. What I like especially about that pedal you are able to dial it in a way that you have reverb on your sound but are still present in the room. Some other pedals felt like they were pushing the sound a little into the background, if that makes sense.

petergreeny

Digitech Polara is far and away the best I've found- both the plate and spring settings are eminently useable for the haunting albatross vibe....

e???

the Flint's 70's reverb does "albatross" perfect, as shown in the video Geetar_Will posted, and by my own trials. The Flint is an amazing pedal all around. The harmonic tremolo alone is worth the price. My favorite pedal these days.

mattymel

Still on honeymoon with Rockett Boing. Haven't yet found a spring verb pedal that behaves more like an amp than this one.

Trending Topics