Your favorite SOLO singer/songwriter/performer

sanrico

This is who I came to post.

Seeing him live is kind of a religious experience.

Absolutely. An old girlfriend had his Black Sheep album and used to play it a lot. I didn't think much of it, but she took me to seem him in concert. He brought me to tears when he did "The Way I Am" at the end of his set. I've been a massive fan ever since.

I always tell people they need to see him live to really get the experience. His albums are good, but nothing like the experience of seeing him live. I found a concert of his on Internet Archive that has come the closest to capturing it. He encourages "tape trading," so I'm happy to share it with you if you want it.

EricPeterson

Absolutely. An old girlfriend had his Black Sheep album and used to play it a lot. I didn't think much of it, but she took me to seem him in concert. He brought me to tears when he did "The Way I Am" at the end of his set. I've been a massive fan ever since.

I always tell people they need to see him live to really get the experience. His albums are good, but nothing like the experience of seeing him live. I found a concert of his on Internet Archive that has come the closest to capturing it. He encourages "tape trading," so I'm happy to share it with you if you want it.

Nice. I will check out the archive, what is the date?

sanrico

Nice. I will check out the archive, what is the date?

Here it is. The backstory is great. It was January in Columbus, so it was freezing butt and the venue heating system went down. Rather than cancel the show, he goes on like he used to in his formative days when he busked in the cold subways. He gets the audience on their feet with a ton of improvisation. The sound is great, despite a couple of glitches.

A rare performance of "Cards on the Table" which was a staple in his early days and he forgets and remembers the lyrics right there on the spot.

He's a great talent! Enjoy!

EricPeterson

Here it is. The backstory is great. It was January in Columbus, so it was freezing butt and the venue heating system went down. Rather than cancel the show, he goes on like he used to in his formative days when he busked in the cold subways. He gets the audience on their feet with a ton of improvisation. The sound is great, despite a couple of glitches.

A rare performance of "Cards on the Table" which was a staple in his early days and he forgets and remembers the lyrics right there on the spot.

He's a great talent! Enjoy!

muchas gracias

Holy Diver was released on this day, 33 years ago.

Horns-Up-Rocks-Iron-Maiden-Dio-Holy-Diver.jpg

dio+83.bmp

James

Rachael Davis! :love:

I've seen her live so many times over the years. Always inspiring. She is amazing. Her tone, vocal talents, and songwriting permanently rearranged my DNA.

Steve Hotra

Silver Supporting Member
I am going old school with Cat Stevens, early 1970's.
Songs like this impacted me as a young musician:
He wrote so many Ive lost count.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom