Your First Guitar?

Echo Are

$40.00 Harmony 3/4-scale acoustic plywood particle board thing from the Sears catalog in 1986.

jetydosa

Gold Supporting Member
Mako! Strat copy. $159 in 1987. Strangely I have never seen another one. Maybe thats a good thing. :D

FFTT

'66 Hofner Beatle Bass.
Mom bought is for me for my 14th birthday while we were over in Germany 7/67
Price new was $400.00 DM back then that was $99.00

michael patrick

Silver Supporting Member
I got my first acoustic when I was a junior in high school, a Harmony made out of construction-grade plywood. About six months later I got my first electric guitar (a Gretsch Roc Jet that I never should have sold) and amp (a Sonax solid state POS that deserves it's own ring in hell).

thesooze

Silver Supporting Member
Dude, it was a Ibanez pack with a red guitar, a cable, and a 3 watt amp...

PFCG

jay turser strat copy, i beat the living hell out of that guitar and it still isnt a terrible guitar. I have it at home on a stand. im keeping it for sentimental reasons.

phantasm

A weird Kingston with a large metal scratch plate- bought it from a neighborhood kid- i believe he sold it to me without his dad knowing about it (it was his dads guitar). I played that thing through my stereo and through a panasonic boombox for a while before my folks caved in and got me a real guitar- a Sigma acoustic. Sometime in the mid 80's.

HandOfTheHost

$35 for a silver Palmer strat copy. Funny thing is, at the time my best friend and bandmate had a cream/yellow Palmer strat copy too. Eighteen years later I have yet to see even one other Palmer.

bynt

some croncho no name acoustic (it was my moms) that got smashed. Then a Harmony strat copy.

brentrocks

Guitar Hack/Player
Platinum Supporting Member
a 1981 epi V w/ an explorer headstock....metalflake orange...LOL!!

pickslide

Silver Supporting Member
First guitar I rented was an Epiphone Black Beauty with gold hardware. The first guitar I owned was a Epiphone LP standard (which I still have) bought in 1991 I believe.

Trending Topics