Your First Skreddy

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Medication, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Medication

Medication Member

So, what was everyone's first Skreddy and why?

2. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

My first was a Zero, #27 that I got from Marc in April '05.

[​IMG]

I got it because I wanted that wall of fuzz sound. It certainly worked! But then I realized I wasn't that much of a fuzz guy and returned it to Marc who was extremely gracious. He was great to work on the design with too. Indulged numerous changes. In fact, he's indulging some insane ideas right now with a Screw Driver I have on order and hope to have in a couple weeks. *fingers corssed*.

-Ben

3. KRosser

KRosser Member

My first Skreddy (a Mayo) is on order...

4. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

[​IMG]

My first was the Mayo. Bought it from Vintage & Rare guitars in London. Now I'm hooked!

5. Brakhage

Brakhage Member

My first skreddy is going to be a donnerboxed ?Lady. Cant wait.

6. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

First skreddy was a mayo...cause' I was after a good fuzz;) Now Ive got the mayo, ? lady & screwdriver and am on the list for a top fuel and find myself desperatley looking for a zero & ernie!

[​IMG]

7. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I'm a little slow some times, but it occurred to me that these are going after Billy Corgan's fuzz sound. Is that correct? If so, I'll need a Mayo!

Bryan

8. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

I am planning to get the screwdriver.
    From what I have read and heard, it is a truly uniquely voiced OD.
    Definatley the one I am getting to have a different OD flavor on the board!:AOK
    Since this is a Skreddy thread, can anyone tutor me up on the nuances of the screwdriver?
    What OD would you most compare it to if you had to as far as sound, gain and tone goes?
    Peace,
    Mass

9. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Hey Mass, I just recently got a screwdriver and I live it. To be honest there isnt really one OD I could personally compare it to (based on experience)...Its just such a great OD though, you can get beautiful sounding low gain OD tones from it (mainly what Im using it for at the time) aswell as some awsome mid-high gain OD sounds. I really love this OD and I know its a keeper (As are all my Skreddys). Hope that helps a bit. Cheers.

Marko M.

10. basscracker

basscracker Guest

first this

[​IMG]

then these

[​IMG][​IMG]

and then this

[​IMG]

:crazy:NUTS:BOUNCE:crazyguy

11. Jarick

Jarick Supporting Member

That black Zero is GORGEOUS! :dude

12. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

I've been waiting for awhile for a Screwdriver, might be next week... VERY curious to compare it to the Eternity and Timmy I have.

13. trucks

trucks Member

My first Skreddy was the Screw Driver. I was drawn back to the clips time and time again. I literally got out of bed one night and placed the order. Then something amazing happened. It arrived and I could dial in the tones in those clips. What I did not expect was how touch sensitive or versatile it is. Then something amazing happened. Marc asked me to send it back for the smokey mod and it got even better!

Needless to say, it was not my last Skreddy:

[​IMG]

And neither are any of these!

14. thebot

thebot Member

My first Skreddy was a Top Fuel, which I ended up flipping as it didn't quite work with my rig (my amp can be fussy with pedals). I have since ordered a Screwdriver, and last week I got my hands on a Donnerbox ? Lady.

The ? Lady is absolutely amazing, it's just what I was after in a fuzz at the moment. I'm a real fan of J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr, and I've always had trouble getting that really fuzzed up but still really defined sound that he gets. Well, not any more! It's brilliantly dirty but you can still hear what I'm playing rather than a mush. Genuinely makes me excited about playing guitar, in fact just typing this is making me want to go and play except it's 8am here, I've got to go to work and I'm not sure if the neighbours will like the ? Lady alarm clock!

I've yet to try the Mayo but to be honest I don't think it will be that long before the GAS monster gets the best of me.

15. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Timmy + Screwriver stacked is wicked!

16. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Yea... it was :(
    The finish was piano-like, and the lettering was actually unpainted areas, not decals on top, so you were seeing metal for the lettering. With the bright blue LED it was something to behold. Marc did a wonderful job on that for sure!

-Ben

17. rewog

rewog Member

I'm really glad everyone seems to dig the "Smokey" mod as much as I do.
    It transformed my Screw Driver !!!

18. Toasted

Toasted Member

19. Sid

Sid Member

Skreddy Screwdriver....played on one...found it to be the perfect blend between a fuzz and a distortion....very very touch sensitive and dynamic...cleans up very well....adds a nice colour but not too much...

plus Marc is a swell guy:RoCkIn

20. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

My Screwdriver also had the smokey mod afterwards and all I can say is really rocks! It's got a flavour of it's own and it works well for me!!