Your Ideal 90's Era Rig

I played similar stuff to the OP (old thread; he still alive?) and got it all done with a Carvin Ultra V (Seymour duncan JB in the bridge) into a Crate Stealth, 4x12 with G12S-50s and a Digitech RP6.

I had, at the time, a Boss DS1 and Arion SCO-1 chorus but never used either.

All that said, my tone is much better now than it was back then.

Wyatt Martin

Not sure about ideal 90s set ups but typical 90s set ups starting with the grunge era was pawn shop gear. Peavey VTM amps and vintage but no name brand guitars and the return of the stomp boxes.

Then the PV 5150 and and Classic 50 amps became frequently used.

Post SRV saw a huge uptick in tweed and black face fender sales.

Mesa Boogie rounded out the decade with the Nu Metal bands.

Braunzo

I’m not a tremolo user but the Schaller sounds really nice. The word lush comes to mind.
If you dig the Schaller trem, check out the Parabola by Caroline Guitar Company. It's so damn good. I sold the rest of my Trems.
I played similar stuff to the OP (old thread; he still alive?)
I'm alive but I don't frequent TGP as much anymore. Not my demographic much anymore, apparently.

Braunzo

Lol....I feel ya, bruh. Actually, it's not so bad if you stay outta the pub.
Well, I was. Then some people in power that frequent said pubs came in and make the threads that I hung out in not so much fun. It is what it is. Makes me miss the GuitarGeek forums.

Squatch57

I had a little SKB rack in the 90's that was pretty cool at the time.
Rack:
Boss SE70
Passac AGR1000 (acoustic simulator)
Rat R2D2
Korg rack tuner

Pedals:
Mutron III
chrome Dunlop wah (I forget the model)
Ibanez TS9
Rat remote
Digitech midi switcher

mrpinter

Silver Supporting Member
Valley Arts superstrat

Crybaby
Korg tuner
DOD 250 gray
Univox Super Fuzz
MXR Phase 90
Boss chorus DC-2 Dimension C
Boss DM-2 Delay

Matchless Super Chief head
Matchless 2x10”/2x12 speaker cabinet

Last edited:

EXP

Supporting Member
If you dig the Schaller trem, check out the Parabola by Caroline Guitar Company. It's so damn good. I sold the rest of my Trems.
Anyone who names their pedal after a Tool song is alright in my book. I’ve been wanting to try the Hawaiian Pizza.

oansun

Silver Supporting Member
My 90’s rig was Zoom505 into CE-5, split to a 68 Original Princeton and a Crate GX-40.
id do it again

therhodeo

90's?

3 pickup telecaster. Tele bridge, strat middle, neck mini hum

Phase 90
CS-3
TS-9
ODR-1
BD-2
Volume Pedal
DC-2
DD-3
DD-3

Deluxe Reverb

Warmy

You got it just right on the guitars and pedals, but I remember almost everybody playing Marshalls back then. Just my opinion.

JCM800 half stacks were all over the place back then, even on some of the stuff you mentioned.
Yep. Even at the teen center where I saw local shows. Everyone played JCM 800’s, the occasional Sunn amp too.

Trending Topics