Your jam-at-home drum machine pedal?ZOOM?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cary Chilton, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

I was thinking about getting the new ZOOM for messing around to the little drum machine it has. I tried it out tonight and well, it beats jamming out to a click or a CD. Anyone using this or is there another drum machine pedal out there without actually having to buy a drum machine then hooking it up through the effects loop etc???

Thanks

2. Craise

Craise Member

Hey man, I can't say how much I love my Boss DR-880. It's really the "Guitar players drum machine" Super easy to use on the fly...tons of pre set patterns. But the coolest is that it has a GT boss modeling built in..and you can just plug your guitar right in and jam..with headphones or hooked up to your computer. It cost a bit more than the zoom but is the best I've found and plan on using mine for many years to come. BTW it sounds freaking killer! I've made many demos and people always ask who's the drummer?
    Good luck!! :)

3. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

I've got a Zoom 707. The drum machine in it sounds really good. I practice jam with it a lot. I've even run it into a PA just for the drums, so I can jam with my full rig.

4. subversivepinko

subversivepinko Member

If you play near your computer, you can always use Hammerhead or any of a number of other drum programs. If you run it through a little bass amp, sounds great!

5. drolling

drolling Member

Yes! Regardless of type of drum machine, if you're gonna crank it, don't use your guitar amp. Those low frequency spikes can be lethal to speakers designed for guitar output. I've always used cheap solid state bass or keyboard amp for my drum machines.

At present I'm using a Zoom 234 or an M-Audio BlackBox. The BB's got several amp models for the guitar input, so it really does sound best direct.

6. 59model

59model Member

Great post, I was just wondering the same thing. Lost some of my recording gear thanks to Rita, and I just got a Tascam 8 track with the CD burner, I know but it`s all I can afford right now, LOL! Are the ones mentioned good for a unit like this? Can you put fills in on the fly, etc.?

7. Electric I

Electric I Member

Still have one of those as well & have to agree.

The overdrive in that box is actually pretty good too.

8. subversivepinko

subversivepinko Member

It doesn't have to be a very GOOD bass amp, either. I use a 25 watt Fender Frontman. Works great, has RCA inputs, and was only about a hundred bucks. Drum loops sound a lot less drum-loopy if you amplify them right!

9. StompboxMan

StompboxMan Member