Your Microvibe settings?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Blues Wail, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

2. thewex

thewex Member

1) intensity 9 oclock, speed 3 oclock

and

2) intensity 330-4 oclock, speed all the way up

3. burner

burner Member

Both knobs all the way up, or both knobs halfway.
    Those are about the only two settings I use.

4. Rocked Star

Rocked Star Member

Intensity at 11 o'clock and Speed at 2 o'clock

5. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

Did you just get one, or have you had yours for a while? Ah, screw it. The reason I was asking the question first was because I wasn't sure whether or not to tell you about how it only works well clean or with low gain (if you run it before the gain pedal). Anything higher and the thing overloads and sounds not so great, unless you run it after the OD (but then you get that "Who's That Lady?" sound, which I don't really like). Apparently the KR, Fulltone, Roger Mayer, and some of the others do not have this problem. I'm pretty certain it's a design flaw. But they cost a lot more, so what can you do.

6. Captain Crunch

Captain Crunch Member

Intensity dimed...speed 1:00 for those Trower/ Gilmour tones.

7. amphead777

amphead777 Member

Wow, that's news to me. The bypass sounds almost exactly like my Mega.
    I use it after fuzz/OD's. The base tone is excellent, no oddities. Maybe something is wrong with yours. It like fuzzes and od's

8. vegetablejoe

vegetablejoe Member

both knobs at 2 o'clock... I place the pedal before any od/gain pedals, but after a fuzz

gtr > SoulBender > MicroVibe > GCB95F > TS-808 > RAT 2 > delay > amp

9. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Bingo.

10. Sikor

Sikor Member

Since this is thread about settings for MV I hope it will be ok to ask about original setting for internal trim.
    Does anyone know how to bring it back to factory position? I have found some guides on the internet, but they are not complete :(
    I bought a used one and the trimmer was off the factory position already, so I can't use my ear to set it to original position.
    I know You can say "use Your ear and set how You like it" and is like like that now, but I am still not satisfied with present setting and I would love to hear how that effect sounds "fresh from factory" :)

11. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

What I meant was, you can't use much gain with it if the MV is before the gain pedal (because it overloads--Something about the transformer, I think). And like I said, if you put it after the gain pedal, you end up with that Ernie Isley "Who's That Lady?" sound, which I don't like.

12. Gearhunter

Gearhunter Member

I put my Micro Vibe before my 3 overdrive pedals,each with different degrees of gain,(low,med and searing) and is sounds great through all three.The higher gain does intensify the throb,but I haven't had any overload.
    I'd give settings,but c'mon,there are only two knobs.(OK,intensity@3:30,speed@2:00)

13. wideawake

wideawake Member

I would normally either put the intensity at 9 or 3+. Then adjust the speed somewhere between noon and 2. I never really cared for the sound of it with the intensity in the middle, it either had to be really low to add just a bit of movement or almost full.

14. Tweeker

Tweeker Supporting Member

This may be sacrilege, but I've always used the vibrato side of the Mojo Vibe. It's one of the few Magnatone real pitch shifting vibratos out there and is rarely mentioned. What's up with that? This is one of the most amazing two-for-one pedals made.
    For me, a little warble in the mix sounds great and keeps my tone focused. I'm definitely in the minority, but I use vibrato more than vibe.

Vibrato settings
    subtle: Intensity 9 Speed 3
    not so subtle: Intensity 2 Speed 4 to full

15. amphead777

amphead777 Member

Mine is towards the end of the board, right before the delay.
    To my ears it sounds good, anywhere it's placed. No Isley for me. I like his sound though. I wonder what he uses ?

16. mojoslide

mojoslide Member

I like Intensity at 2:30-3:00 and Speed at 1:00. That gives a nice Hendrix tone for me.

17. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

I have tried that setting. Very nice!!:BluesBros

18. j_hotch

j_hotch Member

I like intensity at full and speed at about 11:00. Big, slow throb.

19. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

First get in there and increase the trim pot just a bit (which increases the intensity of the bulb). Stock it wasn't deep enough, now it's great! Second, change the resistor that controls the affect of the speed knob. Don't quote me on this, but I'm actually pretty sure it's the lone resistor on the underside of the cirucuit board coated in silicone (it's been a while since I did this). Also, can't remember if I increased the resistance or decreased. I know I'm not much help here, but do some research and you'll be glad.

Either way, with these two "mods" it's the perfect vibe for me. No need for me to look for another one, cause now it can do the lush swirl and pretty fast leslie like tones.

20. Sikor

Sikor Member

I have experimented with settings yesterday and I've noticed, that with intensity set to full, the effect actually dissapears in my MC :(
    Does it mean, that the trim pot is set to much clock- or counterclockwise?

I think I need another trim-pot-setting-session :crazy