• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Your opinions on Highway1 Strats ??

FredZepp

Silver Supporting Member
My 2002 Highway One Strat came with this hangtag from Fender....

Nitro%20fender%20a.jpg

Nitro%20fender%20b.jpg

IM000542%20edit.JPG
IM000531.JPG

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
It's all in the wood! I was told Hwy 1 is bottom of the barrel, multi piece, glued...well...you get the picture...but they are decent for those clubs we play of "questionable" character ....LOL

candid_x

Fred, thanks! very interesting. So it seems a 2003 would also likely be nitro. I think your green one looks awesome.

DGT, I've been told the same about the JV body. I have the impression that most Hwy's use less pieces of better alder, could be mistaken. But I don't yet know what's changed in the innards or hardware, if anything. The JV is very Americanized except for the body (# of pieces) and thick poly, and a couple lessor parts, like input jack. A 2003 Hwy One, I have no idea.

Jacob Van Noy

Hey Carson! That neck looks familliar :D Looks great!

Where did you get that replacement neck? I love a FSR Highway One I have in Surf Green but the neck is just a little on the thin side. I have looked into replacements but I'm not sure that the neck pocket on the HWY1 is wide enough for the aftermarket necks I see. Or am I wrong? For reference I'm looking for a fatter, possibly wider? 60s style maple neck with rosewood board. Any help or suggestions? Thanks.

Jake

chip46

P1010266copy-1.jpg

Love my HW1. The stock single coils aren't bad, but the humbucker is pretty average, still haven't gotten around to changing it out. I may throw Texas Specials in the neck and middle, don't know about the bridge yet.

kleydj13

Highway One's have a pretty specific modern feature set - big frets, hot pickups, big headstock. I like those features - and I really like the $ tag for it being a MIA guitar. If it had a thicker neck I'd really be all over it!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom