Your opinions on Highway1 Strats ??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by burchyk, May 12, 2005.

1. FredZepp

FredZepp Member

My 2002 Highway One Strat came with this hangtag from Fender....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

It's all in the wood! I was told Hwy 1 is bottom of the barrel, multi piece, glued...well...you get the picture...but they are decent for those clubs we play of "questionable" character ....LOL

3. candid_x

candid_x Supporting Member

Fred, thanks! very interesting. So it seems a 2003 would also likely be nitro. I think your green one looks awesome.

DGT, I've been told the same about the JV body. I have the impression that most Hwy's use less pieces of better alder, could be mistaken. But I don't yet know what's changed in the innards or hardware, if anything. The JV is very Americanized except for the body (# of pieces) and thick poly, and a couple lessor parts, like input jack. A 2003 Hwy One, I have no idea.

4. Jacob Van Noy

Jacob Van Noy Member

Where did you get that replacement neck? I love a FSR Highway One I have in Surf Green but the neck is just a little on the thin side. I have looked into replacements but I'm not sure that the neck pocket on the HWY1 is wide enough for the aftermarket necks I see. Or am I wrong? For reference I'm looking for a fatter, possibly wider? 60s style maple neck with rosewood board. Any help or suggestions? Thanks.

Jake

5. chip46

chip46 Member

[​IMG]

Love my HW1. The stock single coils aren't bad, but the humbucker is pretty average, still haven't gotten around to changing it out. I may throw Texas Specials in the neck and middle, don't know about the bridge yet.

6. kleydj13

kleydj13 Member

Highway One's have a pretty specific modern feature set - big frets, hot pickups, big headstock. I like those features - and I really like the $ tag for it being a MIA guitar. If it had a thicker neck I'd really be all over it!