Your opinions on Highway1 Strats ??

FredZepp

My 2002 Highway One Strat came with this hangtag from Fender....

Nitro%20fender%20a.jpg

Nitro%20fender%20b.jpg

IM000542%20edit.JPG
IM000531.JPG

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
It's all in the wood! I was told Hwy 1 is bottom of the barrel, multi piece, glued...well...you get the picture...but they are decent for those clubs we play of "questionable" character ....LOL

candid_x

Fred, thanks! very interesting. So it seems a 2003 would also likely be nitro. I think your green one looks awesome.

DGT, I've been told the same about the JV body. I have the impression that most Hwy's use less pieces of better alder, could be mistaken. But I don't yet know what's changed in the innards or hardware, if anything. The JV is very Americanized except for the body (# of pieces) and thick poly, and a couple lessor parts, like input jack. A 2003 Hwy One, I have no idea.

Jacob Van Noy

Hey Carson! That neck looks familliar :D Looks great!

Where did you get that replacement neck? I love a FSR Highway One I have in Surf Green but the neck is just a little on the thin side. I have looked into replacements but I'm not sure that the neck pocket on the HWY1 is wide enough for the aftermarket necks I see. Or am I wrong? For reference I'm looking for a fatter, possibly wider? 60s style maple neck with rosewood board. Any help or suggestions? Thanks.

Jake

chip46

P1010266copy-1.jpg

Love my HW1. The stock single coils aren't bad, but the humbucker is pretty average, still haven't gotten around to changing it out. I may throw Texas Specials in the neck and middle, don't know about the bridge yet.

kleydj13

Highway One's have a pretty specific modern feature set - big frets, hot pickups, big headstock. I like those features - and I really like the $ tag for it being a MIA guitar. If it had a thicker neck I'd really be all over it!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom