Your Pedalboard - Photo [Part Deuce]

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by whoismarykelly, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iaresee

iaresee Supporting Member

You've probably been asked this a bunch of times before but: do you run that all in front of the Lonestar? Or do you put some of it in the loop? Do you find the Lonestar an important part of chain with that main boxes in it or could you get away with most anything in the backline for an amp?

2. mrp3118

mrp3118 Member

3. BTBAM

BTBAM Member

Depends on two things. I usually have a clean signal when I play. If I want that edge of breakup, thats what the honey bee is for. I normally use pedals for my drive...but if I wire it up for the mesas drive, I do have routability for the effects loop, but currently I run it all in front. I run either a twin reverb or the lonestar, and I find these are the 2 amps I need to use. I've played vox's, dr. z's, oranges, they all just breakup too much for how high and loud I play when I want very clean most of the time. For me, those 2 amps for my particular sound are the only ones I can use. since the twin doesn't have an effects loop and I go back and forth between amps, everything is run in front. With the mesa I use the sea blue eq at the end and it gives me a little high end loss back. With the twin it isn't noticeable so it doesn't go used. The amount of boxes doesn't seem to matter (i won't go more though) to what gets to the amp. My buffers and eq help the overall sound. My compressor helps if I want something clean and uneffected otherwise, gives me the most attac of my notes (as if nothing else was between the guitar and amp).

4. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

For me your board is just about perfect. I love small, to the point boards that you can actually gig with and get lots of killer sounds. It shows intelligence on your part...

5. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Thats a sexy pair of G&L's.

6. BTBAM

BTBAM Member

I just got the ASAT from Trego yesterday....I'm very excited about it. It sounds fantastic. I had never played a tele with a humbucker and a single bridge, only a hum/hum or a single/single.

7. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Thanx for the kind words. These boards are really all I need. I've been trying tons of pedals the last couple of years and I'm getting close to being satisfied. I'm going to start looking into loopers now.

I was thinking the same thing.:drool

8. orange worker

orange worker Member

i think your boards look great. i would love to have a simple board like the bottom one, though i'd probably swap the vibe for the phaser.

speaking of the phaser, how do you like it? all 6 of mine are absurdly large and knock off several pedals at a time when i want to put them on board.

9. jb1911

jb1911 Member

The phaser is pretty subtle, but that's why I like it. It sounds great. I just got the VL Micro Vibe and I'm really impressed with it. I paid half what I paid for a Fulltone Deja Vibe and it sounds just as good to my ears. The big board is my main board, the mini is the pedals that I have that won't fit on the main one. I also have a Clyde Deluxe, a '69 and a Lunar Module.

10. david safc

david safc Member

Nice board, where did you get the little box in the top left corner that you plug all your wires from the amp into?

11. LeeSympathetic

LeeSympathetic Member

+1, i'd like to know as well

12. mustangman

mustangman Member

its probably DIY, thats very easy to make!

13. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

yeah, just 1/4" jacks and an enclosure. check my sig if you don't want to DIY....

14. B_of_H

B_of_H Member

to make a patch box all you need is jacks, wire, soldering iron, solder, a hand drill and an enclosure.

it's so simple a monkey could do it, literally.

15. airforce_brian

airforce_brian Member

Hey man, that EFX routing system looks sweet! I'm using a Radial loopbone right now, but it only has two loops, and looks like it has almost the same footprint as that! I'm going to have to check those out...

16. airforce_brian

airforce_brian Member

Hey Kanifi, can you control the Time Factor with the EFX MKII or do you have change the presets manually?

17. ducmike

ducmike Silver Supporting Member

Any chance I can get you to compare the SWAW and the Prometheus? I'm interested in both, but can only go by the youtube clips. Are they very different? I like the price and step feature of the Subdecay, but the MP seems to have a sweeter autowah tone in the demo clips.

18. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

ok i know this isn't a pedalboard but i couldn't find the synth lounge thread... its like it disappeared, can't find it in the search at all :dunno

but... heres... more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:phones

19. josh27

josh27 Member

what is that drone unit? I have seen a few of these on boards now.

20. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Dude! ****ing hell!
    Didn't know you were into all that type of stuff. That's so awesome.
    There's a shop in town at which I abuse a Machinedrum atleat once a week, and it's going to be my first 'big' electronic music purchase, along w/ a synth of some sort (soon). Do you just run the Roland through all that stuff, or have you done guitar, too? How's the Future Retro? Also, how are you liking the Sleep Drone? Looks fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.