Your Pedalboard - Photo

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sandpiper, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandpiper

sandpiper Silver Supporting Member

I know this has been done a lot in the past, but I would be curious to see different pedalboards of tgp members. I am currently in the process of revising mine and am curious to see what's out there...

But, to get thing's rolling, here is an old photo of mine:

[​IMG]

Since this photo I have made the following changes:

AC Booster --> Hotcake
    Ult Octave --> Fuzz Factory
    DD-20 --> DM-2 & DD-5

2. pepeteus

pepeteus Member

Only thing I've added since this pic was taken is an isolated power supply for the Echo Park. The grey pedal in the middle is an unpainted Timmy proto.

And the reason for the Hotcake being placed like this is the daisy-chain which doesn't reach the HC otherwise...

And yes, the cables between the pedals are the usual crap cables. But I don't like too trebley tone. ;)

[​IMG]

3. Tecx

Tecx Guest

Out of date again (order wise)... And I have a magicstomp commin':
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Alex

4. Deaj

Deaj Member

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

Custom home-made A/B switch (B side goes to Peterson StroboStomp) -> AnalogMan Mini BiComp -> Hermida Audio Mosferatu -> Hermida Audio Zendrive -> Clay Jones OD -> DLS EchoTAP -> Barber Launch Pad --- Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 provides the juice and the board is a PedalTrain.

5. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

6. dpeterson

dpeterson Member

7. exodus

exodus Member

I always love these threads.

[​IMG]

The only changes are I added a Barber Launch Pad. I also have a KR Megavibe (univibe clone) on order and a MJM London II in the mail.

Oh yea- its on cardboard for measuring reasons. As soon as I get things set, I'll trace, measure, and get a real board.

8. cubba65

cubba65 Member

I love how the bottom plate for the Dano effect is just sitting there.... awesome!
    :D

9. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Member

home rig: [the middle board is my little overdrive shootout. since this pic, i've added a dual drive, rumble mod, and fish factory ... winners TBD :)]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ryanspeer

ryanspeer Member

Sandpiper, I must say that's a sweet looking board - not even in regards to the pedals themselves, but in the cleanliness of the layout. I love the look of a board with a minimal of "clutter" on it. That's sweet.

Here's mine (I'm still debating placing the pedals on an actual board so that I can route all of the cables underneath similar to yours...
    [​IMG]
    Eventually (within the next 2 months, idealy) I plan on placing a custom phaser between the Tone-Press and the PacifiCustom Pedals true-bypass unit. Bump the T-P down about 2 inches, and the phaser I'm going to build should fit in there perfectly.

11. sandpiper

Ryanspeer, here's my two cents...

I too like a clean board, but I don't know if I'll go through all of that trouble again. If you're at all like me, you change up pedals here and there and it becomes a big deal when everything is wired underneath. Also, those dang George L's can be moody and if you travel, one will more than likely get bumped and stop working, and you'll spend an hour just finding it...

However, if you have time and patience, it is worth it every time you look down.

12. el34power

el34power Member

Holly $#!t Zoooombiex. I hope your a good tap dancer:D

13. stevieray

stevieray Member

Been down this road before. Last night, in fact, I dismantled an extremely neat board because of the winds of change. I've been contemplating a design which would neaten up but not lock you in to a specific order or layout. What I'm thinking is a hybrid pedal case like sandpiper's and a pedaltrain combined. Basically, cutting slots instead of holes in specific locations. There would be a convenient slot no matter where you place the pedal. Also, thinking of making more generic patch lengths and stashing the excess underneath. It wouldn't be as neat underneath, but it would look just as great on top. Also, what it would save in time alone would be huge! And it would be more easily reconfigured. Also thinking that if the generic patch length works, I'd switch to soldering instead og GL's. One cool trick I've learned: a drop of threadlocker will keep your GLs from loosening up on you.

14. sandpiper

StevieRay,

That's a great idea, let us know if you get one done. Great idea with the George L's too.

15. bean

bean Member

Still a work in progress, as it is going to be mostly DIY pedals. Have about another 4-5 pedals to add in this board.

[​IMG]

Pictured:
    A/B (DIY)
    Boss Tuner
    Boss GE-7
    Barber DDSS (getting rid of this one)
    TycoBrahe Octavia (DIY)
    Fuzz Face (DIY)
    BSIAB2 (DIY)
    Peppermill (DIY)
    Mosfet Booster (DIY)
    Digitech Delay (modded)

Adding:
    Fat Boostered (DIY)
    Tone Bender (DIY)
    Tubescreamer (DIY)
    Treble Boost (DIY)
    TIM

16. Mastervolume

Mastervolume Member

That board is long gone.....the board is still there but......

Shoot a pic of the rig you were using this weekend.

:p

17. BFC

BFC Supporting Member

[​IMG]

My Barber Shop Quartet.

:D

18. noodle_world

noodle_world Member

19. emjee

emjee Member

this is for johan and deaj-

just curious, what are those pedals you both have that is yellow and black swirls with no lettering?

No Pics, but on my board are the following: Lovetone Meatball,
    Big Cheese, Pete Cornish Soft Sustain, Hotcake (What can I say, Im a "dirty" guy) Sho-Bud volume pedal (w/ 500k pot) Moogerfooger 12 stage phaser, Boss DD3, CS-3, KIng Vox wah
    (TDK), Snarling Dogs psychoscumatic, AND best of all, I got a Saraceno Cannibal Boy, which I am anxiously awaiting...

also, could everyone tell us the names of the pedals on your boards? Not the obvious ones like Boss, but the unlettered ones
    mostly. It would be a great help.

Thanks

Matt

Matt
    San Rafael, ca

20. bspears

bspears Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.