• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Your pedals: Mostly Top or Side jacks?

My pedals are:

• All Top Jacks

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Mostly Top Jacks

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • An Equal mix of Top and Side Jacks

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Mostly Side Jacks

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • All Side Jacks

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boppy

It's approximately 65% sides and 35% tops for me.
I don't really have a preference either way...

Abandoned

Tweed Tube Tone Purist
Mostly side. Sure it would be nice to only have tops but I don't care really

ndtealmusic

I actually prefer them on the side in most cases. For whatever reason the aesthetic of top jacks always kinda irritates me except in select situations, like when the pedal is wider than it is tall, or on specially fabricated enclosures. Just depends, really. But it can be a deal breaker for me in many cases, vain as it is.

Black_Label

Prefer top jacks. But a lot of the sounds I need come from pedals with side jacks or rack effects.

Squatch57

I want all top jacks for a stepped board but it ain't gonna happen
For some pedals like the Infinity and SuperEgo there's no viable substitutes

scolfax

Silver Supporting Member
I only had side-jack pedals at first. Over time by chance I have now ended up with a greater total number of top-jack pedals. I find them easier to work with in general. I think it would be nice if either the industry would eventually just settle on one standard, or if companies like Digitech would make, say, the Obscura in both configurations.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
If "top" is where the jacks could be located, what do you call the pedal surface the footswitch mounts to?

Squatch57

The front
But I'd rather call them 'rear-mounted' jacks, it makes more sense, they're at the back
Let the argument begin!

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
Ideally, they would all be top loading. It looks better that way!

I go for what sounds best to my ears, though. As of now, it's 50-50.

Stratobuc

It doesn't matter. I don't care where the jacks are. If I need an effect, I'm going to use it.

This is right there with the "paint job" and the "box" threads.....

NHBluesMan

right now all but one are top/back mounted. Only one that isn't is my TU2, and even that is sitting sideways on my board above the tuner

sleewell

pitchblack - side
keeley ts9dx - side
mxr phase 90 - side
eqd organizer - top
eqd dispatch master - side

scolfax

Silver Supporting Member
Side jacks are winning by a significant margin. From looking at catalogs for years I assume they are just more common. Any reason why? More inexpensive to make?

trower

[geer/peyj] hubris confusion paralysis by analysis
Gold Supporting Member
There ain't enough top jack version of pedals that I prefer so it mostly side jacks for me unfortunately...

bloomz

Why on earth would you want them on the top? (Meaning where the switches are I mean)

Or by top does one mean the back as it's facing you?

Trending Topics