1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Your post-honeymoon phase Mesa TA-15 thoughts...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by DraggAmps, May 23, 2011.

1. DraggAmps

DraggAmps Member

Today I returned an Egnater Tweaker I've had for a little while and went with the Transatlantic. Most of the reviews I've found have been "NAD" type reviews. For those of you past the honeymoon-biased stage, what's the real deal with this amp? Still loving it? How well does it take dirt pedals?

2. boogiejem

boogiejem Silver Supporting Member

I've had the amp for about 9 months now, play it most days and it still puts a big grin on my face! I've gigged with it many times (mic'd) and it has never let me down. It is my first small wattage amp and cranked it delivers just the right stage volume. The TA is not perfect (turn the gain up too far and it's hissy and the channel switch 'pop' is to prominent for the studio) but it's still my go to amp after 9 months.
    I set both sides of the amp cleanish (Vox & Fender) and use an OCD for dirt.

3. DraggAmps

DraggAmps Member

Cool, I'll probably be doing the Vox and Tweed settings, set clean, and then using dirt pedals, so the hiss won't be a big issue. I just need clean headroom for band volumes and since the 15 watt Tweaker worked, the 25 "dynawatt" setting should definitely work.

4. boogiejem

boogiejem Silver Supporting Member

Yep it's hard to beat chimey Vox and sparkling Fender at the touch of a switch. Even clean this is a really loud amp so usually I find the 15W setting is enough stage volume. Enjoy!