Your recommended speaker for Avatar 3D Forte 112 cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by RPKennedy, Aug 30, 2018.

1. RPKennedy

RPKennedy Member

The head will be a Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini; the guitar will be predominantly Stratocaster; would like to take advantage of the DSMs inherent "fatness".
    Will be mostly playing at home. Tend to play mostly classic rock.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. Dale

Dale Member

3. nic'o'caster

nic'o'caster Member

I have a TTC 112 Raptor which is loosely inspired by the Avatar 3D Forte. I first installed a neo Emi Lil Texas and was surprised how thin it sounded in there... The goal was to achieve a highly portable and omni directional small 1x12 cab.
    I then installed an EVM 12L in there and voila, instant magic. This is the cab I now play everywhere (and I have a THD 212 and a Weber 1x15 neomag to sell !). I use it with a rock cover band or different projets (mostly clean sounds) and the ton is very consistent, clean or dirty. I would recommend something else if you want speaker distortion though !

Timbre Wolf likes this.
  4. mangoman

mangoman Silver Supporting Member

Creamback. Although I had one with a warehouse blackbird HP Alnico and it absolutely RIPPED! Great cabinet. Wish I never sold mine. I’ve been looking at getting one of those as well. I’m in between the creamback (H65) or the alnico cream.

5. Ron

Ron Supporting Member

I have four 1x12 Forte cabinets, a 1x12 RedPlate cabinet, and a 1x12 Bludotone cabinet -- all with EVM12L or 12S speakers. Plus a Fender Pro with a 12S in it, instead of a Jensen P15N. Highly recommended for any type of guitar music.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  6. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

Thought this was a good question, just wanted to resuscitate the thread.
    Anybody using one of these with a Kemper?