Your thoughts on the Fulltone RTO?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fish01, Sep 19, 2008.

1. fish01

fish01 Member

I just got one and wondered what you guys though about them?

2. Rocked Star

Rocked Star Member

Not a fan. Sounded like an OCD without the goodness.

3. DerekEstrada

DerekEstrada Member

I really dig em'...its got a voice of its own, and for me, the OCD is too crunchy...I dig the RTO..

4. jim1jam

jim1jam Supporting Member

i use the RTO & OCD V.3 for different voicings, and dig them both alot!

5. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Just picked one up and think it sounds good.

6. Jet Bycraft

Jet Bycraft Member

I have one and I use it with my Strat/JCM-800 set-up. It works very good with this rig. :AOK

7. fish01

fish01 Member

I like it. I tried out a first year ODC a version 4 and the RTO. The version one OCD sounded great. The RTO just felt better while playing to me. I think its going to go good with my EMMA REZA and TS9.

8. Jay Douglas

Jay Douglas Member

Sounds nothing LIKE an ocd....don't ya love it when folks without a clue GUESS based on the shape of the box...so to follow this logic every Boss, Barber, Lovepedal, Menatone, etc pedal would sound and be the same?

9. jim1jam

jim1jam Supporting Member

+1 - i have both of them on my board and they sound totaly different

10. charless

charless Member

I thought the RTO sounded just like my Sparkle Drive (OK a bit more Fuller) :p with the Clean knob at zero.

The RTO has great tonality but it does not have the dynamic thing going that makes the OCD so special.

11. Rocked Star

Rocked Star Member

FWIW, I didn't guess on this one. I spent quite a few hours with the Trower. I tried different guitars (Strats and LPs) through different amps (Fender Bandmaster and Marshall Plexi) and a/b with the OCD v.1 and the Fulldrive. I even went as far as tuning down a half step (recommended by Fuller himself for this pedal) and still felt the same. Granted, this is just my opinion and I am glad a lot of you like this pedal. To my ears and for my taste, I didn't like it. I thought the Fulldrive blew it out of the water and the OCD wasn't as stale and was much more dynamic. But to each their own. Enjoy your Trower pedals. This thread asked for thoughts on the pedal and I gave mine. I'm glad a lot of you are getting some good sounds out of it.