Your thoughts on the Line6 Uber Metal pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Lution, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Lution

Lution Member

The soundclips certainly sound good. I'm thinking of just buying the module since I already have two L6 pedal docks (echo park and verbzilla).

What's this pedal really sound like? Any issues?

Thanks

-Lution

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Sounds just like the clips. However, from the time I tried it in the store, there is absolutely no feel/response to your playing. If you want to pull out the uber-metal for the occasional song or section of a song, it's fine. If high-gain metal is your main sound, look for something else

3. Lution

Lution Member

thanks for the reply. I will only be using this in certain parts of songs or sections of songs. It will only be used to take certain songs to the top and spill over the edge, then back to calm.

sounds like it might work.

4. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Well let us know, then!

5. Lution

Lution Member

module is on it's way. I'll post a review at the end of the week.

6. rabbit

rabbit Member

I played one in a store and had much fun. I usually do not play much metal but this pedal was a lot of fun. It somehow sounded so cliché - but in a good way. Just kick ass scooped metal sound. So for me it would just be a fun pedal, not using it "seriously", just for the 5 minutes of headbanging per day, you know? But that means something at least...

Good choice to give it a try! Enjoy!

7. david henman

david henman Member

...i like it, but the tonebone hot british is more versatile/flexible.

-dh

8. Lution

Lution Member

two different animals here, imho.

I had the tonebone hb. It didn't even come close to the gain that seems available on the Uber Metal and that's what I'm looking for. HUGE over the top Gain! :dude

I liked the hb for the time I had it, but it was kicked off my pedalboard by the Barber DDSS.

9. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I'm gonna agree with Lution. The Hot Brit alone is NOT optimal for that scooped metal sound

However, when I combine it with my Boss EQ-20 on preset number 3, I actually get the sweetest metal sound I've ever heard. Better even than the Uber-metal ;)

Be wary, like I said, there is no feel to playing the Uber-Metal. almost like someone else is playing and you're miming it. Great for live apps, but not an inspiring pedal at all IMO

10. Lution

Lution Member

Just got the Ubermetal module in. I played with it alot and found a really nice setting in the Insane mode. The mid sweep is very useable. Pretty nice piece for the price. Now I just got to see if I can make permanent room on my board for it as I've already got an Echo Park and A Verbzilla contending for space. :JAM

11. gulliver

gulliver Member

It's based on the Line 6 Insane mode built into their amps. Fun stuff to mess with, but so processed, it's not what I consider great tone. A friend of mine who used to love his Line 6 amp used to call it his "pampered" tone ... which is a good name.

12. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Glad you like it Lution! Use it well....

13. fenderbender4

fenderbender4 Gold Supporting Member

Try the G2D Morpheus. Killer Modern Metal pedal.

14. Lution

Lution Member

as much as I love the sound of the Morpheus, it's just too big for my pedalboard.

I have a Subdecay Blackstar on the way. It's small footprint along with it's soundclips were too good not to try.

15. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I think the Uber Metal is a great heavy metal pedal, it realy grinds well and still through all of that distortion the notes are still intelligeable. I like it, if Line 6 esd yo offer s multi-module stereo base that you could put in a number of modules would be great, even more outstanding would be a 2 space rack unit where you could load in the modules and have either use something like a DMC GCX or Axess GRX-4 to turn the effects on or off. Or a small multi-footswitch unit using standard type footswitches. Now I would buy that in a heartbeat.

TheGrooveking