Your thoughts on this trade offer

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ryanverbena, Oct 15, 2008.

1. ryanverbena

ryanverbena Member

I have an analogman KoT version 2 which is a few years old now and put it up for trade because I don't really use it much, looking for something a bit different. Someone has offered me a BJFE sea blue EQ for it, do you think this fair trade? Would you accept it?

2. fendergeek

fendergeek Member

There was a BJFE sea blue EQ on eBay for a b-i-n price of $325 and sold rather quickly. There's another one on eBay now with a b-i-n for $365 (4 days left). There's was a KoT V2 with a b-i-n for $235 also sold rather quickly. So I guess I'd take the trade. If you don't like it you'll have better trade bait for your next GAS attack.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Good luck,
    Mark

3. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

the BJFE is worth around 350 used. you can find them cheaper at times, but 350 is about the average. its a great EQ- i don't feel like its MY sound without my SBEQ.

4. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

There was a KOTV2 for 235 buy it now? yikes!

5. ryanverbena

ryanverbena Member

The BJFE is a bit knocked up, i.e the paint has a fair few chips in it. So this would knock the re sale price down considerably i'm guessing. From purely a tone and useability perspective, which would you choose?

6. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

I use my SBEQ for an always on bump/eq to my amp. So I get more mileage out of than any other pedal for sure. But I don't really use as an effect...

7. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

I'd do the trade if I was in it for the price difference. You're gonna miss that KOT tho! Mark my words...:D

8. Seegs

Seegs Member

I had a Sea Blue and didn't find it very useful but I guess you could always sell it if need be...

Chow,
    Seegs