You're on a desert island. All you can have to listen to is three guitar solos from

Neer

Supporting Member
Allan Holdsworth.

But, then again, I think I have a nice mental jukebox so I wouldn't worry about it.

bbutler123

Well yea, I agree. But I can't really tell which of his lines are ad-lib "solos", and which are actual melody lines. If I meant 'solo guitar' instead of ad-lib solos (which I didn't make clear, sorry), I'd take Metheny I think.

That man is a genius. His writing and his playing. They are too closely intertwined to separate, I think.

Rockledge

I wouldn't choose music for the guitar solos period. I would need something intellectually stimulating, complete music that is well written and arranged and cleverly produced.
I suppose I could spend an eternity just listening to the Moody Blues classic 7 albums for that reason.

Jagman327

Silver Supporting Member
Joe Bonnamassa...his hard driving style would keep my energy flowing, while I sang the blues in my head.

partsocaster

Randy Rhoads.....for a back up I would pick Angus, he may not be the technical lead but he sure can entertain.

Lance

Hmm, I would have to choose whoever plays the longest solos. I believe that would be Jerry Garcia. I would probably choose the cd Grey Folded, as it is different versions of Dark Star one after the next, and it comes off like one really long guitar solo jam.

Trending Topics