• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

You're playing for your life - What amp?

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
Let's be absurd for a moment. You're playing a gig "for your life." The better your tone, the better your chance for survival.

You need to pick an amp you've played before. What would you pick?

My choice: Blankenship Fat Boy w/ Sour Cream through 1x15 cab.

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
No amp. My 72 Manuel Contreras classical through a Telefunken u47 with a Trident b range mic pre.

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
I'd have a tough choice, and I'm honestly not sure which way I'd go... I guess it would depend on what music I needed to play "for my life".

For blues, pop and some classic rock stuff, maybe even country - I'd have to go with the 18 watt Marshall 1973X hand Wired 1X12 combo. Plug into the normal channel and it ahs two knobs - volume and tone. Put bot on ten and ride that guitar volume - awesome.

If I have to play a wide variety of stuff or harder stuff - My Mesa Mini Rectifier. Once I learned how to properly dial it I was AMAZED at how versatile it was!

Trending Topics