1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Zachary's making amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by RickC, Nov 15, 2005.

1. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

If nothing else, you will be entertained for a few minutes.

You gotta give it up for the most gonzo marketing you have ever read from Zachary. He makes Ed Roman's "Rants" look like Dick and Jane readers. BOOM. :D

3. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

woah...you were RIGHT!

that's some ranting.

4. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

pretty cool although the clips are pretty lousy can't really tell how good or bad the amp really is :D

5. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I've owned two of his early Z1s, they were VERY light and resonant BUT he's obviously changed his mind about the "no tone control" thing he had going then. I added a push-pull tone pot to have some fixed EQ available because the guitars were very bright out of the box. Well built but $2k for a bolt neck guitar in plain mahogany?

6. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

I love his guitar designs but....

7. reachjkh

reachjkh Member

Good maybe he'll give one to his buddy Bobby. I bought a CD that he played on. That guy's got the thinnest tone I ever heard on that CD.

8. 6AM

6AM Supporting Member

Ugly amp, ugly guitars, and an ugly attitude.

9. Crazy Dave

Crazy Dave Member

What's wrong with you guys?

Someone makes a post about a new line of amplifiers and all you can think of is bashing away.

Alex has character. Get over it.

10. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

I think you meant Alex "is a" character.

I still remember the video clip he did to show how well his trem-equipped guitars stayed in tune. At the end of it, the guitar's so badly out of tune it's nearly vibrating itself to pieces--even through the "warble" chorus setting he used the whole time--but Alex is bragging about how in tune it is.

:rolleyes:

I do note his chutzpah, however.

11. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

I'll just add the following, I had a Zachary guitar before, it was a very early one, all mahogany and full of holes.
    And it was awesome, it was an incredible guitar that played really fast and sounded really good and had excellent sustain.
    Can't say enough good things about it.
    Yep Alex is a pretty wild and crazy guy, but after having owned one of his guitars I would like to add that he makes a mean guitar as well.

12. fyler

fyler Member

i play a Zachary guitar exclusively, because it feels "right" to me. alex says some things on his website that i personally would not say, but it's his website to do with as he pleases. he builds killer guitars, and if i was in the market for a low wattage combo, i'd try out his amp. he also has quite a talent for getting people riled up. it's amusing :cool:

13. Crazy Dave

Crazy Dave Member

I have 3 Zacharys, two of them with tremolos. They stay in tune through the most insane trem abuse. I kept checking it on a chromatic tuner cause I couldn't believe my ears the first times. These are non-locking trems and I can attest they stay in perfect tune. Believe me, I've tried to make 'em go out of tune. They don't.

Chutzpah is good. :D

Alex has a lot of character and chutzpah. He is also astute and to the point and will say what many people don't really want to hear. 99% of the guitars out there are not made to be played. Why do you think there are so many on ebay? The purpose of major guitar manufacturers is to SELL instruments. Not to make better ones.

Most expensive and/or vintage guitars are objects that serve no other purpose than to allow some rich fat bluesdoctor or jazzlawyer to brag about them to their friends.

Please note I have nothing against fat professionals over 30, I'm one of them :D

Anyway, this was a thread about amplifiers. If the Zachary SuperNatural were the only guitar amp I could ever have, I'd be satisfied. It has the most dynamic and organic sound I have ever heard.