Zangbucker paul bunyon tele pup?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dazco, May 12, 2015.

1. dazco

dazco Member

Anyone have any stories on using this model after having tried others? Comparisons are of course a must, so let me know what u thought about it and the bridge pups before i that it beat out or what other pups beat IT out. Also, how does it compare to the fender original vintage I'd be replacing? I'm mainly considering the PB because he offers sanctification guaranteed refunds. Looking for something similar to a OV that retains punch when you roll back to clean up, keeps good twang/articulation everywhere, and the top strings don't get too thin. Also, did you try the default A5 one or have it made with A3 or 2?

2. HenryAdams

HenryAdams Member

I can't compare the Zhang to the Fender OV, but I can compare it to a SD Jerry Donahue, DiMarzio Pre B1, SD Broadcaster, Harmonic Designs Super 90, and Cavalier Nashville Lion.

The Zang was ok, but not really tele enough for me. The SD Jerry Donahue was too tele. The PreB1 was pretty, good, but again, not quite enough tele twang. I LOVED the SD Broadcaster, and probably shouldn;t have sold it. The Harmonic Designs would have been awesome if I wanted to be in an AC/DC cover band. The absolute winner for me? The Nashville Lion. Cheapish, delivered VERY quickly (I waited 4 months for my Zang), and Rob DiStefano will customize it for you. Lots of punch, lots of twang, more midrange grunt, responds beautifully to the volume knob, beautiful clarity…just a killer, killer pickup either clean or with overdrive/distortion.

Thank me later.