Zendrive 2 clips.

royd

sounds nice...
I'm on the list and anxiously waiting to hear from Alf ;)

David-R

Silver Supporting Member
Actually I thought the clips sounded terrific. What volume level was the amp at before you kicked in the pedal.

The Gainster

Originally posted by David-R
Actually I thought the clips sounded terrific. What volume level was the amp at before you kicked in the pedal.
It's an 18 watt amp. Not that loud but great tone. It's a .22 cal w/ Amperex and RCA tubes. That being said...I do push the amp when I play and record. That is how I use it live...you get a better idea what a pedal really sounds like.

And thank you.

:)

jcshirke

Silver Supporting Member
Do you prefer the Zendrive 1 or Zendrive 2? How would you characterize their differences?

Thanks in advance.

Macaroni

Hey Gainster...

I listened to your Zendrive 2 clips and they sound real sweet. It sounds more like a Dumble than the Zendrive 1, IMHO.

Have you swapped tubes yet? If so, what were your findings?

When will Al release this pedal?

How much will it cost?

Thanks.

BTW... I had a Zendrive too, and it was very nice, but compared to my other pedals (Dual Drive, CJOD, Tweedy), it didn't bring anything unique enough to warrant staying on my board.

The Gainster

Originally posted by Macaroni
Hey Gainster...

I listened to your Zendrive 2 clips and they sound real sweet. It sounds more like a Dumble than the Zendrive 1, IMHO.

Have you swapped tubes yet? If so, what were your findings?

When will Al release this pedal?

How much will it cost?

Thanks.

It came with a JJ and it will be "shipped" with a new Mullard 12ax7. I feel the JJ tubes are bright. Don't work for me at all. Didn't work in my amps or my TTE.

I went thru a buttload of tubes and (at this point) like the Amprex 12ax7 in it. I use Amprex in all my amps so I must like the tone of those tubes. :D

I don't know the exact release date, but there is a waiting list at the moment. Give "Alf" a call.

Macaroni

It came with a JJ and it will be "shipped" with a new Mullard 12ax7. I feel the JJ tubes are bright. Don't work for me at all. Didn't work in my amps or my TTE.
I don't care for the JJs either. Which 'new' Mullard are you referring to? Do you mean the GT 12AX7M?

I went thru a buttload of tubes and (at this point) like the Amprex 12ax7 in it. I use Amprex in all my amps so I must like the tone of those tubes.
I'm using a comination of Amperex, Telefunken, Mullard and JAN GE 12AX7WA - incredible difference.

The Gainster

Originally posted by Macaroni
I don't care for the JJs either. Which 'new' Mullard are you referring to? Do you mean the GT 12AX7M?

Yes. The GT.

I have a NOS RCA 5751 that sounds pretty good. Not like the Amprex. I love the mid content in the Amprex tubes.

Macaroni

Yes. The GT.

I have a NOS RCA 5751 that sounds pretty good. Not like the Amprex. I love the mid content in the Amprex tubes.
I found old Mullards to be a bit too much in the mids, which resulted in less definition, whereas the Amperex and Telefunkens were more balanced and pleasing in that regard, especially the Telefunkens. I use my Mullard 12AX7 in the phase inverter position - it's not balanced, but that actually works better than a balanced tube.

homerayvaughan

Silver Supporting Member
Seems like the pick attack is coming through a lot. Do you have a heavy attack? What pick are you using?

pgurlea

Shallow Supporting Member
Originally posted by The Gainster
Called Alf and was told $249.00

Not released yet...but you can get on a list.

Carry on.

M

How do I get on the list?
Thanks,
Paul