ZENDRIVE 2 owners...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zoemunchkinpro, Mar 14, 2006.

1. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

First off let me say I'm really glad you all got your Zendrive 2... and second that I'm so jealous cause I'm still waiting for my Zendrive2 and my moferatu...the waiting is the hardest part cause I don't have any idea where I am on the list and how fast Alf fills the orders on the list...so I'm just in limbo hoping that my name doesn't get lost or forgotten...in case you are reading this Alf this is David Javier...waiting for a Zendrive 2 and a mosferatu...
    Anyways I was wondering how you all felt about the Zendrive 2 now that you all have played with it ? any feedback?

2. Curt

Curt Member

I was fortunate to get a Zendrive "2" last week. It sits between my TIM and my Mosferatu. It is without a doubt, the best sounding OD *I* have heard. The TIM is a VERY close second. Having the ability to swap tubes is icing on the cake. It came with a Groove Tubes Mullard clone but I replaced it with a new Telefunken. Anyway, allow me to say it again. This is the best OD I've ever heard.

3. johan

johan Member

I've been on the list since beginning of September. Apart from the prototypes, no Z2's have been shipped yet. I think Alf's trying to get the standard Zendrive orders under control first.

4. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Very frustrating for us folks on 'the list' for a Z2... :(

5. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

Don't you think the not knowing where you are on the list or the not having some idea of how long is the hardest part ? Then there is the ever present fear that what if somehow your name got lost and you are waiting for something that is never even coming ...

6. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

7. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

Just eMail Alf and ask him. He's sent me updated info a few times since Sept/05. The last time was in late Jan when he said he would start shipping the Z2s in Feb some time. Still don't have mine though, but I'm confident I'm on the list - somewhere!

8. Kidcactus

Kidcactus Supporting Member

I've been on the list since July 28. I've emailed Alf a few times and he confirmed that I'm on the list, but I don't know where.

9. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Can any Z2 owners compare it with the original Zen? Outside of tube-swapping flexibility, what's the dif IYO?

10. Curt

Curt Member

The ability to affect tone by swapping tubes is wonderful. It ships with a GT12AX7M (Mullard clone). It took me about a minute to pull the tube and give it to my son to use for BB gun practice.

Each tube I tried had an obvious effect on the tone. I tried the following tubes. Ei, EH, Sovtek, JJ83, JJ803, a Real Mullard and a new Telefunken. I ended up using the Telefunken because it added the sparkle I was looking for. To me, the Zendrive "2" is far more versatile and sounds more natural and pristine than the Zendrive. The guitar's volume control seems to be more "responsive". If I want to record using my Driskill (P90's), it's as simple as putting the Mullard in. If I use my Strat with SR's, I use the Telefunken. It sounds incredible through my Reinhardt and Z-Best cab.
    I had a friend bring his Super Reverb over and the results were the same.
    It is truly a phenomenal pedal.

11. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Thanks Curt! Given your signature, you'd be the perfect person for my second question! How does the Z2 and Tim compare? I own a Zen and I have a Tim on the way.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!