Zendrive 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by deeval, Jan 13, 2006.

1. deeval

deeval Supporting Member

Just put my Name in for the new Zendrive 2 and man those sound clips sound great.Uses A 12AX7 tube,and can change tone with tube changes
    anyone else on the list?:dude

2. Kidcactus

Kidcactus Supporting Member

I've been on the list since July 28.

3. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

ARE YOU SERIOUS????? I just put my name on 'the list' a couple of weeks ago and was told it could be a month or so...

4. drolling

drolling Member

Yeah, but nobody's got one yet. The only one I've seen was a prototype on loan to the Gainster this summer.

I'm sure many people have placed oreders based on their love of Alf's other pedals.

And, of course, the Gainster's clips are ALWAYS gas inducing...

5. Kidcactus

Kidcactus Supporting Member

That's when I went on the list per a saved email from Alf. Only the prototype had been made at that time. I think they were officially advertised on his website in November sometime. I have been on the list well before production even started and have confirmation 11-18 that I'm still on the list. With the publicity that Alf has received about his products, there are probably alot of people waiting for everything he makes. I hope and trust the Zen 2 will be worth the wait. Zen 1 is an awsome pedal.

6. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

I have had a Zendrive 2 for about 6 months and its a killer. Those on the wait list will not regret it. Its different than the original in a few ways, but its all in the same family at the same time. Here is what to looks like. Alf is a bit backed up at the moment. i dont know his wait time these days, but its not short. Since the reviews, the phone orders dont stop.[​IMG]

7. royd

royd Member

Yeah... I'm on the list from June and patiently (sort of) waiting for the first batch. I had some e-mails with Alf in December and he was hoping to get them out by the end of 2005... obviously that didn't happen but good things come to those who wait :AOK They'll get out when they get out.

8. TeleTubby

TeleTubby Supporting Member

Got mine early fall, and while I wasn't absolutely, totally knocked out by the tone, it still sounded better than just about all the others- I just thought it should be spectacular, maybe? And then it was, as soon as I switched the tube to a 12AT7- holy moly!!! This one is it for me at least, as everything thing else has gone up for sale (and/or sold) recently. It works with all my amps and guitars, though some minor adjustments might be necessary. I'll recommend to anyone who gets one to play with different tubes, even different brands, and the settings on your amps. You'll find what you are looking for, but you may have to work just a bit- trust me, it's well, well worth it.:D

9. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I've been on the list since Sept/05. Alf recently eMailed me and said he hopes to have a batch out within a month or so.

Changing tubes is one of the great options for this pedal and changing tubes will make a big difference. I've got some nice NOS tubes to try.

10. DaSkip

DaSkip Member

I think Alf maybe be fine tuning the design. I'm willing to wait. Go, Alf, Go !

11. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

Actually the design has been finalized for months, its just the back log of regular Zendrives and the one man show that is making it hard to keep up. Alf still wants to have his hands on every pedal made to keep up the quality, and tone. He is a stickler for detail. By the way, so is Paul C of the famed Tim /Timmy pedal. Both are great guys to deal with.

12. dirtypool

dirtypool Member

Amersfoort, near Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Europ
    Ah, I thought he forgot about me :)
    I guess Im on the list since august 13th :)
    Well, good things come slowly

13. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

I've had one for a while now...

Tube changing is where it's at. You are not buying a pedal with just one flavor...you can make it what YOU want...

I love it.

14. MBalmer

MBalmer Member

How long is this waiting list?
    I am thinking of getting the zendrive or save some more money and get the zendrive2.
    I e-mailed them about it but i have yet to get a responce.

15. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

Alf just eMailed me and said he's trying to get some Z2s out within a month or so. I got on the list in Sept, and others were on a few months before that. The delay for the Z2 is due to an avalanche of orders for the Zendrive, which he is slowly but steadily getting done.

16. BugSlayer

BugSlayer Gold Supporting Member

When I see guys on th list from July, I don't feel so bad! I went on in September. I did think Alf might have lost his 'list' with some storm related outage but I mailed him in December (after seeing one for trade in the pedal emporium) and he confirms that I am still there and they are still not readily available.

Looking forward to it!