1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Zendrive clips through a BF Fender or the like?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by memphisrain, Sep 9, 2005.

1. memphisrain

memphisrain Member

I'm still a little sketchy on how well the Zendrive covers the Dumble thing. I was just wanting to hear it do the Dumble thing through a Super Reverb or the like. I'm really after that nice note bloom that can be heard from RF or LC. I would like to hear the Zendrive do this through a Fender.

I heard ScottL's clips through the Fuchs, but can't help but think the Fuchs isn't contributing to that nice note bloom he gets from on the clip.

Oh and any prodding to increase my G.A.S. would be appreciated too.. . ;)

Thanks,
    mR

2. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

See my other posting on the zendrive

3. memphisrain

memphisrain Member

Thats funny I guess we were on the same wavelength or something. Do you have anyway to record some clips?

Thanks,
    mR

4. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Sure do. I'll record some clips in a week or two. I'm trying to finish up my next book and that has priority right now.

5. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

I plan on using my Zendrive (when it arrives) through my Tone King Meteor II, which is more Blackface and Tweed than vintage Blackfaces and Tweeds. :) So I'll let you know how it sounds through this very Fender-ish amp.

Jeff

6. memphisrain

memphisrain Member

I look foreward to hearing your review jcshirke.

Thanks
    mR

7. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

I have a blackface Super, and a 68 Silverface. The Zendrive just kills with both. The pedal adds the bloom you want. I dont have clips either, but try and find Robben Ford live clips. Thats all he is using, A Zendrive and a pair of Twins, or Supers.

:)

8. lv

lv Supporting Member

+1 I'll be using mine through a Meteor II as well.

9. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

We should probably start a separate thread, but what do you think of your Meteor II? I owned a Meteor I, but when I played through the Meteor II, I knew I had to have one. I placed my order the same day, and I sold my Meteor I on ebay as soon as it arrived. The Meteor I was great, but the II is even better. I think it's an amazing amp.

Jeff

10. lv

lv Supporting Member

Its one of the best clean toned amps I've owned! A variety of Fendery black and tweed tones + one of the best, most flexible all tube 4 knob reverbs....must have for Fender lovers.