Zendrive Curiosity??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by voodoosound, Jun 6, 2008.

1. voodoosound

voodoosound Funk & Grooven member Silver Supporting Member

I am wondering why people are still paying $50 or more for used zendrives when Alfonso is turning new orders around in 2-3 weeks. Seems silly to me.

2. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

because they don't want to wait 2-3 weeks.

3. DaveG

DaveG Gold Supporting Member

Maybe because 2-3 weeks isn't a sure thing, and there's the possibility that they wait months & find out their name didn't get on the list... or maybe they just hate the idea of spending their money with someone who doesn't communicate?

4. voodoosound

Interesting. I have recieved 2 zendrives in the last month that I have ordered just 2 weeks prior to receiveing them. Not sure what the problem is with your second comment. But then again I don't require any handholding from builders once I have placed an order.

5. bosstone

bosstone Member

I guess things have changed because it took several months to get the Zen 2 that I receiver about 3 months ago. Also, I emailed twice to get some simple questions answered about the drive because the site offered almost no description of the pedal. I never got any answers. Just telling you like it is/was.

6. voodoosound

I understand. But if it was that importand you could have just called. NO?

7. DaveG

DaveG Gold Supporting Member

Even in recent threads, there have been folks who've stated that they've been waiting significantly longer than a couple of weeks, while some folks get theirs sooner. It seems like somewhat of a crapshoot; some folks mind it, some don't (especially the ones that get their Zens sooner :)). If someone wants to pay a few bucks more to not have to gamble on it, so what? It's certainly not the only pedal around here that folks are willing to pay more for to get right away.

Btw, I don't consider it "hand holding" to notify a buyer that their order has been received, it's a simple courtesy & just plain ol' good business. Having had my own business for 20+ years, and at times having a 1-1/2 year waiting list, I know how much most customers appreciate some form of communication from the person they're giving their hard-earned money to.

8. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

I agree totally... its nice to recieve some kind of a confirmation and seems like a pretty fundamental protocol in any kind of buisness. Saying that, I did recieve a confirmation email from Alf 2 weeks ago when I was added to the Zendrive list.
    The thing to remember is that although it sounds like a lame excuse, there are alot of times when spam filters get in the way of an email or two!

9. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

The prices have droped off a little on these. I just sold mine here for about $40 more then they cost but I was willing to ship overseas which most US residents won't do. A few weeks ago on ebay some were selling between $275 and $300 now they are more in the $225 range which is still more then they cost.

10. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

I think some people may not be aware that the wait has dropped as much as it has. I've also been watching Tim's and Timmy's pricing, as Paul Cochrane's wait time has dropped to 3-4 months. That doesn't seem to be affecting pricing at all, which is understandable.

John

11. giggedy

giggedy Member

When I got mine, the used ones were about 300, I got mine for 179, but I did pay $20 for overnight shipping to get it in time for a show.

12. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

sweeeeeeeeet! just got my "your zendrive is ready" email and sent Alf the money straight away. Can't wait to get hold of this little beauty!

13. Wooley

Wooley Member

Me too.
    I was actually just getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Barber OD (deciding between the LTD SR, the DD LG, the DD, and the Small Fry), when Alf's email came, bumping Dave Barber for at least a few weeks.
    I'm quite excited.

14. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

haha, yeah I was about to buy another pedal too (Boss DD-7) when Alf's mail arrived! Any handy tips out there from other Zendrive users running it into a blackface type amp (Deluxe Reverb)? I fint that it's a rather picky amp when it comes to overdrive pedals!

15. giggedy

giggedy Member

actually, I probably would when I got mine. I waited on the list, but then paid $20 for overnight shipping when it was ready to get it in for a show on time. The list was a lot longer when I got mine though. Had I known I was going to do that, I probably would have paid $50 if it was available for only that much more.