1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Zendrive or Jetter Purple/Gold

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman1956, May 2, 2008.

1. guitarman1956

guitarman1956 Supporting Member

Which do you like best? And, why?

Thanks

2. hawkeye17

hawkeye17 Member

I have a Zen and a Purple and love them both for different reasons. The Zen is great to kick a clean tone into mild overdrive and the Purple takes a clean amp into Marshall territory. I use the Purple as a lead boost on my dirty channel and it's got a real chewy sound to it. Very cool.

3. guitarman1956

guitarman1956 Supporting Member

hawkeye17: I have the Purple and a Zen coming soon. Do I really need both? Or, will I end up selling one?

4. hawkeye17

hawkeye17 Member

I'm definately keeping both of mine. They serve different purposes for me so I value both about the same :D

5. 12345678

12345678 Senior Member

IMHO I believe the Zen only shines when going into a clean Fender type amp. The Jetter Purple can be used to drive an already dirty amp. Sounds good in front of a dirty Marshall.