zendrive question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ando, Jan 23, 2008.

1. ando

ando Supporting Member

i've tried one of these a few months ago & liked it better than a bunch of other overdrives we tried that day....my question; are there any differences at all in these, such as early issue as to later ones? is there a wait time to order on these as well? i see there are quite a few on e-bay at any given time..
    thanks..

2. Angle Loss

Angle Loss Supporting Member

I had an early white top one and a newer silver top Zendrive and they sounded identical, only the sticker changed. To my knowledge (I've had 4 Zendrives and 1 Zendrive 2, plus have played a few others), there has been no revisions to the Zendrive. Anyone will be as good as the next. All of them that I have played have sounded really close next to each other and sounded great. I would recommend the regular Zen over the Zen 2 if smooth lead tones is your thing, if not the Z2 gets a little crunchier with more treble zing.

Quite honestly, they are way overpriced on ebay. The wait time is not that long compared to what it was. Personally, I would just order one (which I have done for all but my first Zen which I gratefully recieved for the new price instead of the inflated ebay price). I don't know what the wait time is exactly now, but I would guess around 4-6 months---someone will be able to give you a much more exact answer. I waited two years for my Zendrive 2! He has since changed his manufacturing and is getting them out much faster now.

3. giggedy

giggedy Member

I ordered last july 21st, got it in the first week of december.

4. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I sent Alf an email or an IM about a month ago, but I haven't heard anything. Does he usually confirm if you are on the list or is this normal?

5. ahermida

ahermida Member

Sometimes I do but I do keep backups of all emails and all of them get added to the list. Emails are better for the list than PM.

Alf

6. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Hi Alf, love your work. Is my email address on your list for a Zendrive? It's imjb1911@sbcglobal.net

7. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

There are no revisions that I am aware of and there is a wait list a mile long.But it is well worth the wait.

8. blackba

blackba Member

So it sounds like there was never a 3 knob Zendrive...

I am on the list (hopefully) for a Zendrive and Mosferatu. I have a 3 knob Mosferatu already that I love....

9. Angle Loss

Angle Loss Supporting Member

Correct, the only 3 knob was the early Mosferatu.

10. ahermida

ahermida Member

There's only 1 Zendrive with 3 knobs. Its Robben's 1st Zendrive. He was going on tour and I needed to get it to him before he left. After that I sent him the 4 knob version.

Alf

11. jazzguitarplay

jazzguitarplay Member

Thanks Alf, I just cant stop thanking you for my Zen