zendrive question

ando

i've tried one of these a few months ago & liked it better than a bunch of other overdrives we tried that day....my question; are there any differences at all in these, such as early issue as to later ones? is there a wait time to order on these as well? i see there are quite a few on e-bay at any given time..
thanks..

Angle Loss

I had an early white top one and a newer silver top Zendrive and they sounded identical, only the sticker changed. To my knowledge (I've had 4 Zendrives and 1 Zendrive 2, plus have played a few others), there has been no revisions to the Zendrive. Anyone will be as good as the next. All of them that I have played have sounded really close next to each other and sounded great. I would recommend the regular Zen over the Zen 2 if smooth lead tones is your thing, if not the Z2 gets a little crunchier with more treble zing.

Quite honestly, they are way overpriced on ebay. The wait time is not that long compared to what it was. Personally, I would just order one (which I have done for all but my first Zen which I gratefully recieved for the new price instead of the inflated ebay price). I don't know what the wait time is exactly now, but I would guess around 4-6 months---someone will be able to give you a much more exact answer. I waited two years for my Zendrive 2! He has since changed his manufacturing and is getting them out much faster now.

jb1911

I sent Alf an email or an IM about a month ago, but I haven't heard anything. Does he usually confirm if you are on the list or is this normal?

ahermida

Sometimes I do but I do keep backups of all emails and all of them get added to the list. Emails are better for the list than PM.

Alf

I sent Alf an email or an IM about a month ago, but I haven't heard anything. Does he usually confirm if you are on the list or is this normal?

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
So it sounds like there was never a 3 knob Zendrive...

I am on the list (hopefully) for a Zendrive and Mosferatu. I have a 3 knob Mosferatu already that I love....

ahermida

So it sounds like there was never a 3 knob Zendrive...

I am on the list (hopefully) for a Zendrive and Mosferatu. I have a 3 knob Mosferatu already that I love....
There's only 1 Zendrive with 3 knobs. Its Robben's 1st Zendrive. He was going on tour and I needed to get it to him before he left. After that I sent him the 4 knob version.

Alf

Trending Topics