Zendrive shipping question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Burst59, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Burst59

Burst59 Member

Since Alph does not respond to emails and there is no number I know of to call. I thought I would throw this out to anyone who has bought a Zen from him directly. I received an email last week telling me my Zen was ready and I emailed him back said I wanted it and promptly made payment. I have yet to recieve any conformation on payment or an email giving me an ETA on when it will be shipped. So for those who have purchased from him before, what is the turn around usually after payment is made? I've already been waiting since September so I'm hoping it doe sent take another month to get it.

2. Rock72

Rock72 Member

After paying, it took perhaps a week until I got the shipping notice. If you've paid, don't worry, you'll get it. I know the wait is hard :D

3. Burst59

Burst59 Member

It's killing me, I had to sell my Mosferatu to finance the Zen.
    I bought the Mos due to the fact that the Zen prices were out of control and it was cheaper at the time but I think the Zen is going to a bit smoother which is what I'm shooting for.

4. RickB

RickB Member

Nothing to worry about. Alf does things in batches. You should see it show up soon. Don't expect a delivery confirmation number from him up front as that just takes time away from him building. But when it does arrive, you will see that he did have one for it as well as insurance on it so you are covered. :AOK Alf is top notch. :dude

5. Burst59

Burst59 Member

Ok I feel much better, thanks for a the quick responses.
    I hope I'm not going to regret selling the Mos.

6. RickB

RickB Member

Well, depends on what you were looking for. I have the Mos and Zen. The Mos basically picks up where the Zen leaves off in terms of available gain. To me, the Mos is slightly more compressed as well. If I could have only one or the other, I would have a tough time choosing but would probably go with the Zen! As cool as the Mos is to have more gain, the Zen is just "right" in my opinion. Beautifully voiced and a lot of range to it. :cool:

7. Burst59

Burst59 Member

I don't like a compressed sound, I like more of an open sound.

8. ahermida

ahermida Member

I usually send out a mass mailing to the people on the list and start getting their payments...some immediately, some take a few days/week. Once I create the shipping label, Paypal sends each person an email with the tracking info. I do the whole thing in batches and it may take a few days to get them all sorted out and sent. Please always check your spam folder for emails from Paypal with the tracking info.

Alf

9. Joems

Joems Member

ohhh I cant wait to have my Zen2 :) just payed it last week also. But we hve to move to a new place towards the end of the month I wonder if that will be a problem.

10. Burst59

Burst59 Member

If I told you I only had 2 weeks to live do to a tropical virus I picked up helping impoverished children would I be able to get mine quicker?
    I just want to enjoy my Zen as I drift off into the great beyond.

11. EL-Dougie

EL-Dougie Member

Got the e-mail Feb 8th, immediately paid by PayPal, received today Feb 16th, US Mail, signature required. Came with a power supply, too...

12. A440

A440 Silver Supporting Member

yes, I received a paypal email confirm from Alf

my pedal just arrived a few mins ago :AOK

no power supply with mine, is this something you pd extra for ? (not that I need it, just curious)

13. Burst59

Burst59 Member

Mailman came to the door while I was cranking my Newly restored 71 Marshall Super Lead 100. Put the amp on standby signed for it with the guitar still on.
    I have to say this thing sounds amazing, much better then the Mos to my ears. No power supply but I'm guessing you bought the Zen2.

14. Burst59

Burst59 Member

It's like Christmas day for all of the September batch people, were all getting our Zen's.

15. EL-Dougie

EL-Dougie Member

Guess the power supply is just with the Zendrive 2. My original Zendrive did not come with one when I got it direct from Alf. Enjoy ! Doug

16. DerekEstrada

DerekEstrada Member

took two weeks to get mine...