ZenDrive vs. Tim (A clip, not a question)

bickertfan

MrMunky said:
http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/ZenTim.mp3

The intro is (clean)(tim)(tim w/ boost)(zendrive)
The lead is (tim)(zen)(tim w/boost)(zen+tim w/boost)(tim w/boost)(zen)

there is no "amp" distortion - it's as clean as a whistle except for the drives.
Interesting - I am just about ready for a low gain overdrive and am interested in the zendrive. The Tim to me though sounds more open and transparent and the Zen more tight and smooth. I prefer open and transparent so this is a useful clip for me - thanks

Bluewail

Tone curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I own both a Zendrive and a Timmy and just got a Barber Silver LTD. I must say it hangs with these pedals real well. It's more like the Timmy, actually a lot like the Timmy, in that it delivers a very transparent, uncompressed low-gain drive that really lets the sound of the axe come through. I prefer the Timmy because of it's eq flexibility on the fly but the Barber can usually match it by tweaking the single tone control and the internal bass and presence trimmers. It also has another feature I greatly appreciate - it's readily available! No multi-week (month?) wait. A very nice pedal that deserves a lot more attention. If I had to give up my Timmy, I'd be very happy living with the LTD.

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
bickertfan said:
Interesting - I am just about ready for a low gain overdrive and am interested in the zendrive. The Tim to me though sounds more open and transparent and the Zen more tight and smooth. I prefer open and transparent so this is a useful clip for me - thanks
Good interpretation of both pedals...the other thing I like about the Tim/Timmy is the ability to bring the bass back (or not lose ot to begin with). The Zen has its own unique cut when goosing another pedal.
Greg

teleblaster

The harsh part was the tim with the boost engaged ( i think ) also refered to as grit. I personaly love the Tims gritty boost channel with a good dose of reverb: barroom blues at its best. teleblaster

tga-3

Gold Supporting Member

drummondrs

MrMunky I loved the clip very cool playing and a good comparison. Seriously wish i didn't get rid of my Tim now.

burstone

Marcello said:
Liked the playing but i didn't like the Tim on that clip, a bit harsh
That is the reason why I sold my Tim pedal. I just could not dial out the harshness out of it with my rig... :confused:

Trending Topics