Zendrive Waitlist? Similar pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by supergenius365, Jul 7, 2008.

1. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

I emailed Alf to find out the wait time and shipping for a Zendrive, but have received no answer. Anybody know what the wait time is? The website was last updated in May when I checked.

Also, are there any pedals similar to the ZD, or is it entirely it's own animal?

2. radcliff

radcliff Member

wait time is way way down, get one.

3. paraedolia

paraedolia Member

I've heard that and I wonder if it's really true. Certainly the perception is there.
    I sent the email to get on the list in April 29th and got the Zendrive is ready email on May 15th. Wow, that was fast thought I, and paid immediately w/PP. However, I got the click'n'ship notification on June 17th, so it was still 7 weeks. (Tack on 3 weeks in the mail too, wait time ws still 2 1/2 months fo me).

Not a complaint, I was in no hurry, just surprised. Best OD available if you ask me.

4. zwieback-dude

zwieback-dude Member

I ordered one in April and 2 weeks later it was ready. About one week after I sent the money via paypal the pedal arrived in germany! I think it was very fast and I cannot complain about the service or the pedal.

5. RC2

RC2 Silver Supporting Member

Less than a month wait from the time you place your order until it arrives at your door and guys are still paying a premium for them in the emporium. :NUTS

6. supergenius365

And approaching the $300 mark.

So people asked about Zens and were later told they were ready w/out putting any money down first? Interesting.

My dad stopped in an Amish furniture maker's place one time and asked casually how much a certain type of table top would cost. End of conversation. Six months later he gets a letter saying his table is ready. Gorgeous table. Unexpected, but gorgeous.

So is the Zendrive unlike any other pedal out there?

7. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

I waited 15 months to get mine, so a couple of months doesn't seem so bad. There are definitely other pedals that are trying to cop the Dumble od sound-- the Howie, Ethos, Gain Stage Red, the new Fuchs/Plush Drive pedal and several others off the top of my head. I have the Jetter Gain Stage Red in addition to the Zen and like it very much. What I'd really like to have right now is a Fuchs ODS amp-- I played one last week and it blew my mind!

8. stuagu

stuagu Member

think mine was 6 week wait, get one, there's nothing quite like it

9. paraedolia

paraedolia Member

Agreed 100% :AOK

10. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

hmmmm, thats kinda worrying! I got onto the list at the end of May and recieved my "zendrive is ready" email/invoice a couple of weeks later and I paid instantly, but I still haven't gotten the click n' ship notification. Hope I'm not gonna be waiting for another 7 weeks too! I was under the impression that when it says its "ready"...it's ready!

11. supergenius365

Is this the reason the prices keep going up in the Emporium perhaps?

12. steinwand

steinwand Member

I have ordered a Zendrive and a Mosferatu 6 weeks ago ...
    Mosferatu was ready in 4 weeks, Zendrive in 5 ... perfect :banana

13. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

... but do you have them yet? Or are they just "ready"?

14. mrMix

mrMix Silver Supporting Member

I find that the Gaspedal Dumb Bell (2 stage) captured the smooth OD tone quite well compared to my Zen.

15. waters

waters Member

Received mine last saturday, so about 5 weeks from when I sent him an email requesting to be added to the list. Very happy with it so far!

16. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I thought the prices were actually really reasonable in the emporium lately. I had one a year ago that I paid $400 for in the emporium. I sold it several months ago and just last week I picked another one up for $210 shipped. I have seen several around the $200 mark lately. I don't think that is much of a premium to have it within a week, shipping included. They are $179 direct + shipping, so $20-30 to know I'll have it in a week seems worth it to me.
    That said, I did email Alf last week to get on the list for a Mosferatu, which I've never tried. I'll have to wait and see how it takes.

17. PedalFreak

PedalFreak Supporting Member

I waited nearly a year and a half for my 1st 2 Zen's. I bought another one for a friend and that one was about a month and a half. Was just playing it through a 1973 Pro Reverb, sounded GREAT!!! I love that pedal!

18. DaveG

DaveG Gold Supporting Member

I bought a used Zen in the Emporium for $214, it was worth it to me to pay the extra $26 over a new one to get it right away. Back in May, a couple of guys posted that they had gotten their Zens in a week, so I decided to order one the next morning. I ordered a Zen on May 15th, and I received it on July 5th... 7 weeks. The worst part of it, for me, was not getting any kind of order confirmation; I wish Alf would let you know that he got your order.

That said, it's a cool pedal. The other similar pedals I've tried don't do exactly what the Zen does, but it doesn't do what they do either; they each have their strengths & weaknesses. Also, much of it depends on the rest of your rig, too.

19. Burgs

Burgs Member

My wait was around 3 months. I emailed a request on the 20th March and got the 'it's ready' reply on the 25th June. I knocked it back because I was in deep with a heap of other stuff and having tried out a friend's, I wasn't so desperate anymore.

You wanted to know if there were other pedals similar to the Zendrive. Well, according to this blog, there is. I can't verify it though because I haven't tried out the pedal in question. You'll have to quiz the author or those who own both.

20. steinwand

steinwand Member

I have them ... :AOK

Only strange thing is the communication, but that is due to the fact
    that Al is very busy:

I have sent my ordering mail on May 15
    On June 10 I received the mail that they are ready and the ppl address.
    About 14 days later the pedals arrived (I live in Germany).