Zendrive Warranty like no other!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Upgrade, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Upgrade

Upgrade Member

Alf came to my house today and replaced a faulty footswitch in my Zendrive. It doesn't get better than that. He also had some great tips on how to set the pedal up for awesome dynamic boost. What a class guy- what a great overdrive!!!
    BTW he flew all the way to Anaheim Ca. to fix my pedal!
    Of course he was here for the NAMM show too.
    :BEER lol

2. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Buy Alf a beer for me.:BEER

3. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

wow. that makes me want to buy him a house.

4. webb

webb Member

would you share the tips he gave you on the dynamic boost setting?

5. GAT

I got a new Tyler today and was playing it through a Zendrive into a Bruno Super 100, good gawd!!

6. drolling

drolling Member

First post I ever read about Alf and his pedals was written by a guy who got lost on the highway looking for Hermida Audio. When he finally arrived, tired & dehydrated, Alf sat him down to supper before doing any dealing.

When I contacted him myself, he sent me a link to USPS, so I could figure out my own (international) shipping costs. Being used to paying fixed (and usually grossly inflated) amounts, I got back to him offering to add a few dollars 'just in case'. He told me to send exactly what the post office calculated - and if it was more, he'd take care of it...

Refusing money? Weird. Bizarre. Unusual... But typical of the builders I've been hipped to since joining TGP.

7. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

I'd be interested as well!

8. Upgrade

Upgrade Member

will get out the Zen and post settings tomorrow. . . sleepy after a long day at NAMM

9. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

10. al carmichael

al carmichael Member

I had some e-mail correspondence with Alf and he came across as a caring person who definitely has a passion for what he does. I don't think his venture in pedal building is just about the money--he's really in to this stuff and I know he helps a lot of people out.

He reminds me of David Allen from Allen Amplification, who is another fabulous guy to do business with.

So cool that he came to your house to fix the pedal! I have been without my Yamaha Motif for four months because Yamaha can't get their service and parts departments together. What a contrast between Yamaha and Hermida Audio. If every company was like his, it would be a fine thing.

11. thebot

thebot Member

Funny you should say that, I did exactly the same thing last week! The cost as I'd worked it out was pretty cheap so I put a little disclaimer thing in that if he needed more to just give me a shout but he didn't take me up on it.

12. GAT

I emailed him once I saw Robben Ford using a Zendrive, it made his day. Great guy.

13. fancynapkin

fancynapkin Member

Alf saved my babies from a burning bulding.

14. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

ALF. what a great dude:

[​IMG]