Zendrive...What's the lead time

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by slipperyfingers, Jan 31, 2006.

1. slipperyfingers

slipperyfingers Member

and the best place to buy one?

thanks,
    -SF

2. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Wait time is now approximately 8 weeks.
    They are available from MusicToyz.com, Tonefrenzy.com or direct - Contact Alph at ahermida@hermidaaudio.com.

Zendrive Blues OD is $150
    Zendrive 2 (Tube based) is $250 [introductory price] (not shipping yet but
    waiting list is available)

3. Kingpin

Kingpin Member

I'm at just over 11 weeks and still waiting. I ordered directly from Alf because I'd rather see the profit on the pedal go to him. You might end up getting it quicker through one of the retail outfits. I saw a recent post where someone who ordered a Zen through a distributor on Nov. 20th (later than me), had just received it.

4. OOG

OOG Member

or, if you have too much money,
    and require instant gratification

you could pick one up on ebay for $300+
    :rolleyes:

5. thebot

thebot Member

I think they had trouble with the Hurricanes recently and that's why the wait time has gone up. Along with that they had three good review in separate magazines last month and that's bumped the orders up as well (that's where I heard about the pedal - hadn't found this site by that time!). I was still quoted 8 weeks when I ordered last month though so maybe they're intending to get cracking now that NAMM is over to catch up.

6. rewog

rewog Member

I did the same thing for that reason.

7. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Yeah...to my way of thinking, it might vary so much now that you cannot go by how long folks, even recently, took to get theirs.

I think I ordered mine in early Nov. and I have resisted the urge to bug Alf, but was under the impression is should have been here already. A couple of emails only, and he now mentioned mine is in the batch he's doing now so it won't be long.

So the impression is, he is doing these in batches. That might imply he is doing other things starts a batch at some point (no idea how many in a batch though) and finishes it, and starts a new one. Means a guy that ordered his two weeks later than I did, if he is lucky and in the same batch as me will have a two week shorter wait, also the guy unlucky enough to order the first pedal in the batch waited longer.

On top of that, xmas brought on probably a new rush of orders, and then that article (and I think the Zendrive is being featured in another international magazine I saw recently with great reviews).

Main point is, I think it is almost impossible to predict how long it will take (if you want to even get it +- a month I think there is no way to know) because of batch processing, and the probable influx of new orders is growing.

I'd just go by what Alf gives you as ETA, but direct from him. He has the most experience to judge this, though he might be getting in so many new orders that this is guestimate for him even, I don't know.

With pedals like these, with such a demand, and all...I think the best thing is to order (pay, if they need it up front) and forget you ordered it. The worst thing you can do is "plan" to have it by a certain date. That's almost like asking for trouble. Forget you ordered it, a notice comes "you have a package" "oh...I wonder who that could be from" go down to the post office and retrieve it....open it up, it'll be like Christmas all over again.

I know how frustrating it is sometimes, when you think you'll get it soon. For me, in Europe it's doubly frustrating if I think that way because there is the initial wait for the pedal, THEN I get news "the pedal is sent" and it varies so much in shipping and then customs, that....it STILL could be anything from 4 days to a month.

SO I had to learn patience.

8. jockman

jockman Member

He could also be getting a lot of orders/enquiries for UK , after a recent review in Guitarist mag.

9. Dave LaP

Dave LaP Member

I ordered mine through Tonefrenzy 6 weeks ago with a 6 week wait. It looks like it may be a while longer though. BTW, Jeff is very good at responding to emails.

10. slipperyfingers

slipperyfingers Member

Thanks for all the info fellas...I guess I will get in line.

-SF