zendrive

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tbone666, Dec 3, 2005.

1. tbone666

tbone666 Supporting Member

question - i just ordered a Zendrive from tonefrenzy. i paid 160 with shipping and i receieved an email that stated they were at about a month or so for shipping. curious if anybody out here can attest to that time frame - really not that big of a deal but i've been reading that people have been waiting up to 12 weeks.

there's also one on fleabay (250 buy it now) - is that jacked up price due to the unavailability of these pedals or what?

i just recently read about the zendrive so i'm very interested in anything that people have to say -

also - i purchased an OCD back in august that i've been swearing by - are these comparable or does one blow the other away?

-todd

2. drolling

drolling Member

The builders I've been hipped to since joining TGP make Fuller's product look (and sound) like Boss pedals.

The ZD's just been reviewed by GP, so demand can be expected to go thru' the roof. Anyone who pays dumble the retail price for a used pedal in current production ought to have ther head and/or wallet examined.

I got my zendrive from the builder (Alfonso Hermida) for $150 plus shipping in under a month (international order) this fall. With any one-man outfit, it's always preferable to order direct, if that option's available.

Plus, Alf's a peach of a guy..
    www.hermidaaudio.com/

3. j631378

j631378 Member

I've been waiting Two months for a Zendrive I ordered from Musictoyz.com and am told it is STILL back ordered!

4. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

For some reason I couldn't sell an item for more than what I paid, especially if the item was used. I couldn't sleep well at night knowing I had done that to a fellow guitar player. Of course, I'm not in the retail end like most of the folks that frequent this forum, so there isn't anything wrong with trying to make a buck. It's capitalism. Wise shoppers know better though! ;)

5. Moat

Moat Member

Yup - 1 month from Tonefrenzy... mine came in the mail today, 1 month and 1 day after ordering. Sweet OD, no doubt. Although I've never played an OCD, my guess (from what I've read) is the OCD is probably brasher, gainer, more scooped-mid than the Zen... ?

Jeff @ Tonefrenzy seems like a good guy to deal with, too.

A search of the forum will give you a wealth of info/opinions on the Zen.

6. PlexiBreath

PlexiBreath Member

I'm knocking the OCD, I have one and it's a very good pedal, but the Zendrive is a very different pedal you would use for different purposes than the OCD. I gotta say, this Zendrive is a VERY happening pedal. The first thing you may notice, or at least I did, (now I hate it when people always talk about "bloom", but in this case it's so true), the note does noticably grow or "bloom" after you strike it, but without sounding like a compressor at all.

7. journo

journo Member

Hi,

The Zendrive I ordered was a bit late but that was NOT due to Alf. It was the swedish postal system and the swedish customs that caused a delay of almost 2 weeks. :mad:

Now that I have it I couldn't be more pleased.
    Check the Sound Clip section for my first clip with the ZD using an arch top no less.

I have since tried it with a ES-335 and a PRS McCarty and this is just a gorgeous pedal. It does have the famous bloom and sometimes it feels almost like I have feedback. Even when using it with my Boss GS-10 amp modeler and headphones.

Just a very good pedal that does stuff no other pedal does.

Cheers,

Mats N

8. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I wanted to get a Zendrive and actually had ordered one but decided I didnt want to wait and canceled my order so maybe someday I will find one used, I do have and use the OCD I think it is still one of the best out there that I have played!

9. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

I think I'll tough it out with my Guytron for a while :rolleyes: ;) before I get into the Zendrive feeding frenzy. I did this once with the OCD and lost $50 in a matter of 2 weeks. I'll pickup a Zendrive next year after the used market is saturated.

10. drolling

drolling Member

That's the ONLY way I've ever bought Fulltone and is also the approach I used w/Xotic pedals.

Don't expect to see any giveaways on ZD for a long time to come, if ever. Unless Alf hires a team of builders, the turn around time on orders will continue to grow.

Especially since GP's just given him a glowing review. At $150, this pedal's already one of the best bargains out there.

If you're really interested in this pedal, you should just bite the bullet & get on the list.

11. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

HaHaHa...good luck on that!!! :D

12. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Just keep your eyes open in the used section here I have seen a few for sale or trade!

13. DavidE

DavidE Member

I tried to get one of those used ones here, but sending an email 2 minutes after the ad went up was too late. The seller had a buyer in 30 seconds!!! And that was at full new price.

Yesterday Alf told me that build time right now is 4-6 weeks (down from 12) due to a break in his other job. So I ordered a new one. Feels good to support the guy too!

14. drmathprog

drmathprog Member

There's one on ebay now with a BIN of $255. Seems like gouging to me, but there you go.

15. nsriley

nsriley Member

I ordered one from Tonefrenzy as well, about a week to two weeks ago. I was told at the time I ordered it that it would be about 2-4 weeks. I am hoping I get it around x-mas time, a nice stocking stuff to myself LOL! ;) I can't wait to get it!

-Peace
    -Nate

16. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

Simply put - it iS worth the wait, be it 4, 6 or 12 weeks. It may be the best low gain OD I've hear so far and I have been buying/selling a bunch to hear what they sound like after reading posts here on TGP. So far I have kept the Zen and the Blackstone which I really like.

Liked the Zen more that the Timmy - less "grit" and as other say here, more "bloom" and fullness to the notes. It may be the first pedal I have heard that REALLY takes your fundemental tone and builds on it without changing it too much. Did notice a slight drop in low end response. Etiher way, a GREAT pedal for sure and well worth the price.

17. GuitarNorton

GuitarNorton Member

Order one directly from Alf and don't look back. Get it now. A pedal you don't want to be without and will always keep. Love mine more each day.

18. GuitarNorton

GuitarNorton Member

Order one directly from Alf and don't look back. Get it now. A pedal you don't want to be without and will always keep. Love mine more each day.

19. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Member

paid for mine sept 30 and just received an email that it was on the way last week (8 weeks). Should be here any day now....can't wait!

A