Zeppelin remastered thread...lets talk III

stratology

I still remember being a kid, sitting in my room with headphones on, and hearing 'Since I've Been Loving You" for the first time. Blew my mind.

That was on vinyl, LZ III was my first Zeppelin record, and will always be a favourite.

DWB1960

In the interviews and speeches I have seen from recent years he seems so humble. Probably more than many of us would be after having that catalogue on our resume.

Page = cool. Always has.
:aok

I think he's age more gracefully than any of his peers.

And ya, still the coolest of the cool.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
Houses of the Holy is where I'll be stoked. That's their best album from start to finish IMO. PG is as good, minus the filler tracks.

I have III on the way, I can't wait to check this out as all my LZ is 80s era CDs.

DreamTheaterRules

Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs
Gold Supporting Member
I can't wait to get this. I love Immigrant Song and Celebration day. But.... 5 pages and no mention of the greatest LZ song ever????

Of course I'm talking about "Out On The Tiles." That song RIPS! IMHO, not only is it my favorite Zeppelin song, but if I could only pick one some to let someone here Zep who had never heard them before, that I felt would represent them fully, that's the song.

I know this song never gets mentioned among their string of huge hits, but it's one of the best songs ever. Has a grove about a mile deep and they all get in it and just let it rip.

Guinness Lad

Got the cd, much sweeter sound hard to describe, just better, my beef is why the lame tunes on the second disc when they could have put "Hey hey what can I do" this makes no sense at all.

NashSG

I have not gotten the new remixes, but you can hear the difference when they use the new Led Zep masters on the radio.

Thing is that they will eventually come out again when listeners FINALLY wise up and a higher bit rate audio format happens. I think the jump to 24 bit from 16 bit is a pretty noticeable difference. Oh well...

JRC4558Dude

Got the cd, much sweeter sound hard to describe, just better, my beef is why the lame tunes on the second disc when they could have put "Hey hey what can I do" this makes no sense at all.
The real question is why was "Hey hey what can I do" ever left off of III in the first place?

For that matter, why did "Travelling Riverside Blues" sit in the vault for twenty years? Would have sounded great on LZ II...

harpinon

The real question is why was "Hey hey what can I do" ever left off of III in the first place?

For that matter, why did "Travelling Riverside Blues" sit in the vault for twenty years? Would have sounded great on LZ II...
That and "the girl I love got long black wavy hair".

Tone_Boss

Its been my favorite Zep album since day 1, first album I've ever bought. I think the remaster is excellent, the 192/24 Hi Res is incredible.

59Vampire

Unlikely I'll fork out any more dough for Zep remasters (already have the '80s and '90s issues). But if I do, I'd probably start with III, as it's a fave album. Of course, since there are no more CD shops in my area, looks like I'll have to go to Walmart and see if they carry any of this devil's music.

If you buy it on amazon they include a free download of your purchase so you can listen in the loud while you wait for the goods to aarive

wilblee

Hack sans shame
Platinum Supporting Member
The first two albums I bought with my own money were The Beatles (White Album) and Led Zeppelin (I). I picked them up in London when I was 12 (my family was on the way to Saudi Arabia). I went in after The Beatles, but was struck by the album cover for Led Zeppelin. I had never heard of the band and thought the name was a cheap rip-off of Iron Butterfly, but once I heard it I was hooked and have stayed that way. I remember the first time I played it (and subsequently II) on my friend's dad's good stereo (Dual turntable, McIntosh receiver, AR speakers - by the time that III came out I had my own separates). These remasters are the first CD versions that I've heard that recall those heady days. The sound is awesome - much better than their first CD's and significantly better than the subsequent remasters.

As for Jimmy Page coming out with remaster after remaster. I appreciate him trying to keep the library state of the art - unlike the Beatles who let those horrible CD editions be the only official CD's available for decades. It wasn't until the recent remasters came out that I could hear my beloved White Album again the way it's supposed to sound. At least Jimmy let us have Led Zep in the best sound available at the time. I'm thrilled to be able to hear these great versions before my hearing is so shot that it won't matter anymore.

Trending Topics