• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Zhangbuckers vs Sheptones

I've put Sheptones in a few guitars and like them even better than the Wagners, Tom Holmes, Throbak, Fralin and Harmonic Design humbuckers I've used. Looking for input from anyone who has used both Sheptones and Zhangbuckers, as to whether I should try the Zhangbuckers. I do love the Sheptones, and I want to try something in place of the Burstbuckers in my R0.

FennRx

Sheptone tributes were completely disappointing.

Zhangbucker wood bucker was way better.

ECP and Wagner and throbak are better than both of those two combined

pluckbuddy

Guess that shows it's all subjective then. Or that a pickup's qualities are dependent on other factors like pots, cable, pedals, buffers, amps and speakers too.

I've not tried their HBs but I've tried examples of both their single coils and they seem good. If you like sheptones and have been disappointed by others, I say stay with them. Why change?

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
I've put Sheptones in a few guitars and like them even better than the Wagners, Tom Holmes, Throbak, Fralin and Harmonic Design humbuckers I've used. Looking for input from anyone who has used both Sheptones and Zhangbuckers, as to whether I should try the Zhangbuckers. I do love the Sheptones, and I want to try something in place of the Burstbuckers in my R0.
I’d stick with Sheptones. Based on the others you’ve tried, your ears prefer what the Sheptones are doing. I love chasing pickups too, but when I find something that works, I tend to stick with it...at least until next time :D

Mpcoluv

Silver Supporting Member
I loved the Sheptone Javelina that the used to make.
I have had good Zhangbuckers also. It’s all up to you to make right choice.

Trending Topics