ZIM users - question.....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gearboy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. gearboy

gearboy Member

I have a CS in Channel 1 and B9 in Channel 2. Love the CS pushed, but can't seem to get the B9 right.
    Question is...what amps are you guys using with your ZIM? I use it with a JCM800 and H&K....both EL34 based. Does the ZIM prefer certain amps? I have been through the TAR and VT cards and didn't really care for them.......is it a matter of just trying other cards?

2. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

try the VT in the B channel. Sounds way better IMO.

3. Chadley

Chadley Supporting Member

I use two ZIM's and have experimented with different cards in different positions. Becuase of the vast variety of tones available, you really need to match the correct cards with the amp/guitar that you are using. I like the CS a lot and I have one that I use when I play a darker sounding guitar. I have a FF card on order. I currently use the VT (my main sound), H9 and BB. I have also tried the Tar+ card.

You might really like the CS in channel B being pushed by the BB card in channel A. That is a great sound.

I like them all and they all have their applications. Why not order some more and experiment a little?

Oh yeah, I play through a Dr. Z Z28 (6V6's).

4. gearboy

gearboy Member

....probably good advice. The varieties are endless. Think I'll try the VT in 2, and also pick up an H9 and see how that is...

Thanks

5. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

i'm sure you've noticed already, but in case any of you guys haven't, you can tweak the treble/bass trimpot on the zimcard. i've done that before and it really helped out on the A side of the pedal.

6. dave s

dave s Member

When I had the ZIM, the main card (ch A) was the T+ running into a dead clean JCM800 50w. Simply magnificant tones from the pedal.

Ch B was the BB card which made the ZIM a very versatile pedal.

I had the CS and one other card and definitely prefered the range of distortions available with the T+ card. Insane gains on tap!

dave

7. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

Hey guys, is there any card that will get me near a fulldrive on the flat mids setting, but maybe with a touch more bottom end? I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace my FD2 mosfet and my od820 that I use as a lead boost. It'd be nice to free up some space on the board, but I haven't hear or played the zim, and it's a lot of cash,
    Thanks in advance,
    Kurt